Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who makes a decent tremolo pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Beav, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I'm interested in finding a tremolo pedal that does at a fairly quick cycle. I've tried the Daneleco pedal and it doesn't quite cycle quick enough for me. What other pedals should I look into that go for less than $70?

2. It goes pretty fast if you want, but what I don't like is that you can't vary the waveform(sawtooth makes a stuttery sound; sine wave is smoother)- it sounds like sawtooth. But he rate is adjustable, & all DOD stuff is cheap, not always that fancy.

3. Spend a bit more and get a good one!

The T-rex Tremster is great. And red!

4. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Demeter Tremulator...'nuff said.

Optical tremolo with true bypass, adjustable bias control for the optical unit (makes it feel looser or tighter), goes quite slow and very fast with that lopsided vinatge tremolo sorta sound. Best of all it does not compromise the tone of your bass whatsoever. I love mine.

Max

5. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    A bit more? That's like 3x the price I'm looking for.

6. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    I havent personally tried it, but was personally recommended the EHX Pulsar. Definitely has the capabilities of producing extremely fast cycles, sounding "ring-mod" like at certain settings i was told

7. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I use my frostwave Blue Ringer for lobsided vintage tremolo fun... But I need something for deeper massive trems... I am thinking about trying the SIB Tremulator... As it is optical as well...

Alex

8. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i have a boss tr-2. works well for me. fast i dont know, i use it on more of a slow setting.

9. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    Line6 Tap Tremolo
    NOTHING comes close. You can tap the tempo of the song to the pedal.
    It has 3 diff modes:
    Opto - Vintage Opto circuitry-style tremolo sound like you’d find built into mid-60’s American amplifiers.

Bias - This model creates a vintage bias circuitry style tremolo sound you’d find in late 50’s and British amplifiers.

Pan - This model makes your sound pan back and forth between left and right outputs.

And you can set depth, speed, and shape to perfect the amount of trem.
    Oh and it's built like a tank.

10. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I would try to snag a used Boss TR-2 and have it modded by Keeley or AnalogMan. Or, just buy from Keeley or AnalogMan direct.

IMO, for $70, you're going to get what you pay for...

11. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    You ought to be able to fine a Fulltone or a Tremadillo used in your price range. But it's hard to do tempo matching without a tap. The Alesis Quadraverb had a pretty extensive tremolo, FWIW. Those are probably nearly free by now.