1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who makes a good passive 5 string P-bass.......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thumpin4, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Thumpin4

Thumpin4

Nov 6, 2002
    in the $1500.00 range?

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Lull isn't too far above that, I don't think. Read a review in an old BP last night, actually.

3. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Is the Lakland Glaub passive?

Or, Pete Skjold can make you a passive Stage Series bass that is not a P design but would also be an excellent choice.

Or, you could contact Nino Valenti and get him to make you one like this, except with a P body and passive.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

My favorite by far is the Fender Roscoe Beck 5. It offers an amazing array of tones for a passive bass. Edit - neck pup in series mode is kinda P-bassy.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Fender MIA P5 is a pretty good bass. Get the ones that were made after 2001. I've seen 'em as low as 850.00.

6. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I own a Lull P-5.
    If you want a passive 5-string percision, look no futher.
    Great bass.

7. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    In that price range, your best bet is a Valenti. However, for a couple of hundred dollars more you could get a Lull P-5 or a Benavente 51'.

8. mgbass

mgbass

Mar 31, 2004
    Northern KY
    I agree with Mojo-Man, I just got a new Mike Lull P-5, (NAMM show Bass) and it is outstanding. Easy to play, and all the notes are very even across the board.
    The tone kills !!!
    Love this bass !!!