1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who makes a vintage spec P neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by primussucks9126, Feb 24, 2013.

1. primussucks9126

primussucks9126 Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Bronx, NY
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if there's anyone that makes a vintage styled P-neck?

I always loved the feel of the 51 reissue P, and now I want to put together a black and maple P of my own.

I want the 7.25 radius, 1.75 nut, vintage tiny fret wire, and a fender headstock.

I'd love if it had 21 frets and a 70s style headstock as well, but those are less important.

Preferably made in the USA

All parts, mighty mite, warmoth, USACG don't really do this kinda thing as far as I can tell.

Thanks guys!

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    USACG will do it.

They just won't do the Fender headstock, but it's my understanding that their standard headstock is very close and only needs a little sanding to get that F shape.

3. primussucks9126

Jan 1, 2008
    Bronx, NY
    Cool! I remember the USACG headstock not being very pleasant, but I just checked and I actually dig it.

Anyone else out there that I can go to at a similar price?

4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    You can try to find a 62' or 57' AVRI neck. They don't have 21 frets or a 70's style headstock, but they have everything else you want.

5. primussucks9126

Jan 1, 2008
    Bronx, NY
    Thanks man! Not a bad suggestion. I sent USACG an e-mail, so I'll see how that plays out.

I've been considering a Road Worn P neck as well, and end up going that route depending on the overall cost.