1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who makes an affordable 7-string Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rogerbmiller, Oct 9, 2003.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Anyone out there making affordable 7-strings these days? The 6-string market has obviously been flooded in the past few years with basses at every price point including the under-$300 pricepoint but it's hard to find non-custom 7's. And is it possible to get options, like unlined fretless???:confused:

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i believe conklin makes a groove tools version of their custom 7 strings. I think they are under a grand, which is dirt cheap compared to what JT pays for his.

3. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    The web site list them for $1600+. I paid $800 for mine, used, on Ebay. I've seen a 8-string Galveston on Ebay, but the group consensus was it was a dog.

This maybe a Galveston under another name. I should say I'm happy with my Galveston 12ver, but, I don't plan to play it all night, either.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2563322176&category=4713

4. I think the Conklin is just about your only option.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nothing out there of any quality really besides the Conklin GT-7s and BD-GT7s as far as budget sevens go.