Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who makes basses with 32" necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Jul 6, 2001.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well, the title says it all...
    I would like a fender style 32" bass. But any 32" info is welcomed.

2. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Alembic makes them-I had a 32" Spoiler fretless that was an excellent bass. The Kubicki Ex-Factor (the headless one with the D-tuner) and the original Fender Stu Hamm Urge bass are also 32". Aria Pro II made some surprisingly good 32" Alembic-style basses in the '80's, too. Probably a lot of custom builders could be persuaded to build one without too much hassle.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    If you want a 32" Fender get a Stu Hamm Urge. I don't think Fender makes them any more; they make a 34" scale version called the Urge II.

4. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

a couple more, although not exactly Fender style:

- Ampeg's basses are 32" scale (I think)
    - Warwick offers 32" scale as an option on all basses now

5. Stanley Clarke Signature Alembic 32" scale. A beautiful bass and reasonably priced for an Alembic. I own one, I needed a short scale bass due to the fact that I'm very small only standing 5'3, I've got short arms, but my Little Stan fits me perfect.

I've attached a pic of Little Stan so you can see what a beauty he is.

Nancy

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Epiphone EB1's (currently out of production, perhaps) are 32" scale.

7. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Unicorn_1725. If I'm not mistaken aren't the Stanley Clarke model 30.75" scale? I know that Alembic does indeed make a 32" scale though not on the SC model.

8. Oops my mistake!! Thanks for catching that I thought I had typed 30", sometimes my fingers are just too fast, lol.

Nancy