Who makes basses with 32" necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Jul 6, 2001.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well, the title says it all...
    I would like a fender style 32" bass. But any 32" info is welcomed.
  2. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Alembic makes them-I had a 32" Spoiler fretless that was an excellent bass. The Kubicki Ex-Factor (the headless one with the D-tuner) and the original Fender Stu Hamm Urge bass are also 32". Aria Pro II made some surprisingly good 32" Alembic-style basses in the '80's, too. Probably a lot of custom builders could be persuaded to build one without too much hassle.
  3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    If you want a 32" Fender get a Stu Hamm Urge. I don't think Fender makes them any more; they make a 34" scale version called the Urge II.
  4. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

a couple more, although not exactly Fender style:

- Ampeg's basses are 32" scale (I think)
    - Warwick offers 32" scale as an option on all basses now
  5. Stanley Clarke Signature Alembic 32" scale. A beautiful bass and reasonably priced for an Alembic. I own one, I needed a short scale bass due to the fact that I'm very small only standing 5'3, I've got short arms, but my Little Stan fits me perfect.

I've attached a pic of Little Stan so you can see what a beauty he is.

6. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Epiphone EB1's (currently out of production, perhaps) are 32" scale.
  7. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Unicorn_1725. If I'm not mistaken aren't the Stanley Clarke model 30.75" scale? I know that Alembic does indeed make a 32" scale though not on the SC model.
  8. Oops my mistake!! Thanks for catching that I thought I had typed 30", sometimes my fingers are just too fast, lol.