Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who makes good 210 & 112 Cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by revlover, May 17, 2005.

1. revlover

revlover

May 16, 2005
    I'm considering getting a new 210/112 cabinet soon. Who is making these? I'm not after the absolute top of the range, but definitely something at the higher quality end of the spectrum.

I play rock, need a nice full bottom end but mid range clarity as well. I play a 74 fender jazz.

It doesn't matter if we're talking head/combo packages as I'll probably be looking to get a new head soon anyway.

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    A rig that's really popular and won't break the bank is an Avatar 210 over an Avatar 112 powered by a Kustom GrooveBass 1200.

This is a monster rig, very portable, and provides tons of clean sounding tone for a little less than a $950!!!

I personally am doing a 210 over a 212 powered by the GrooveBass, but you can't go wrong with either one.

Here are the sites:

www.avatarspeakers.com

www.kustom.com

3. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    how about for those who DON'T live in the US?

4. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    Avatar in Australia is closer than you think! - stay tuned. :bag:

5. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Avatar - Holland distributor www.Gear4music.nl

Avatar - Canada distributor www.steamcomusic.com

I don't know if either one ships to Australia, but there are a lot of Australian TB'ers that have asked for them!!!

6. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    Avatar wanting Aussie TB'ers HANG IN THERE!!!!

7. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
  8. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    but, by the time it gets here, how overpriced would they be?

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
  10. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    the price would only reflect the shipping, duty, customs and dealer markup which is the same as any other imported item. I would say most cabs would be around the AUD$800 mark which I think is fantastic value for money when you consider the quality and competition in the same price range (i.e. not much). This is way cheaper than a importing one yourself and you get full manufactures warranty! :hyper:

11. revlover

revlover

May 16, 2005
    Thanks very much pals. I am also in Australia so import issues are relevant.

Are 210/112s (or even 210/212s) considered 'boutique' items or are they becoming fairly standard? Sorry, I've been relatively out of touch with developments in this area.

EDIT: I should add that I am talking about having all 3 speakers in the one cabinet, or is this unheard of?

12. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I think i'll pick up an Avatar 212 NEO or something when they come over here for band practices. Or maybe a single 15".

The main box will either be a Schroeder 21012, Bergy 215 or 425 or a Eden XLS410.

Does anyone know when they'l be over here in Aus?

13. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    hopefully, this figure won't be so much.. ;)

14. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    YAY! :hyper:

:D

15. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Ah, I had thought you were talking about two seperate cabs. Well, Jorg Schroeder makes a giant-killer of a cab called the 21012, which is my favorite cab of his (among those I have tried). Incredibly loud for its size! Dr. Bass and Low Down Sound would probably both be willing to make a custom cab configured in that manner.

16. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    And also keep in mind that Jim Bergantino's new "S stack" consists of a 2x10 and a 1x12 sub that were specifically designed to work together (though the HT210S sounds pretty good on its own, too). BTW, these cabs are only 11.5" deep.

Later, Tom.

17. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Those configurations are very much becoming the new standard. As better technology and the desire for bassist's to have smaller rigs w/o sacrificing tone and volume, the 12' are really coming into their own.

I'm going to be using the 210/212 setup on gigs and eventually a 210/112 @ church (Avatars)... the configuration possibilities will cover just about anything I need. BTW, I play funk, R&B, jazz, and gospel, if that gives you a refernce point for the sound I need.

18. My Sympathies with our Australian Cousins.
    By the time I get my Avatar 210 + 115 neo's to Malta it will have cost me more than 1,000 Euros ($1,260) but then I still think that is better than paying 600 euros for 210 + 115 non-neo behringers.

19. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
  20. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Certainly don't forget Eden.