Who makes good 2X15" Cabinets ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Turlu, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA

I would like to hear from you guys about who makes good 2X15" cabinets ???

Let me know.
  2. The Eden D215XLT is amazing, and the Bergantino NV215 gets rave reviews, although I personally have not tried one.
  3. clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    Not to be an ass, but search button not work? Take a look at some reviews first.
  4. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I was gonna mention those 2 myself.
  5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    For maximum clean punchiness, the Peavey BW-215 is great, especially for the price. It gets nasty though when you add any sort of overdrive.
  6. azsfcsh

May 31, 2005
    Gilbert Arizona
    I dont mean to hijack the thread at all, but this is a similar question... Can you use a P.A. cabinet for bass?? There are a lot of 2x15's for cheap, and i dont know if you could use them or not? I think my friend was using one, but it was when i was a beginer at bass, so i dont know if it sounded good or not... Anyway, is it better to go with the P.A. cab, or an actull cab made for bass?
  7. Good nasty or bad nasty?
  8. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    You can use PA cabs, but they most likely will not sound great and will not have as much low end as a bass cab. Do a search.
  9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1 for the Berg NV215.
  10. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh-ho, yes-in-deedy!!

I use a JBL JRX125 - that's two fifteens and a 1"-throat horn. MAN! -do I love the sound of this cab!

..and it only cost me US$400.

11. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Bergie, Eden, or Diesel Series Mesa Boogie.
  12. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I am familiar with the search button, but I want to know the latest news about 2X15".

It looks like the EDEN is the way to go so far.

But, to simplfy things, it would make more sense to have two single 15" added on top of each other, for transport I guess.

Any thoughts, let me know !
  13. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    In my experience Ampeg has some pretty dark 2x15's. I love SWR 15's and would consider using theirs (great punch/clarity). Mesa Boogie RR 2x15's are prob my all time favorite.
  14. vintageampeg

vintageampeg Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2005
    try to find an old acoustic cab - they're AWESOME.
  15. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

Sunn 200S, 2000S, Ampeg BT140, Ampeg SBT, EV 2x15(don't know model)
  16. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    My JRX doesn't have earth-shaking lows, it's true - but all the MIDS sound great, and everything it has exhibits nice wide, even dispersion!

17. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Bass Northwest has an Energy 2x15" cab loaded with McCauley speakers. Great Cab!!
  18. They arent still availible tho, unfortunatly, a friend of mine has one of the 2x15's, gotta try it sometime

I love the Marshall 2x15 at the practice room i use, really nice sounding with the marshall head that it goes with

19. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I would be so curious to try the VBA Tube amp from Marshall along with that 2X15 they make... but where to find them in Canada, stock ???? Impossible !!!
  20. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    I love my Sunn 2x15, amazing sound.