Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHO MAKES THE BASS COLLECTION?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass collection, Aug 23, 2000.

1. bass collection

bass collection

Aug 21, 2000
    OK I JUST STARTED OUT TWO WEEKS AGO AND I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A BASS FROM A GUY I KNOW FOR 100 BUCKS . NOW I AM QUITE FAMILIAR WITH ALL BRANDS OF GUITARS AND BASSES CAN IDENTIFY MOST BY JUST LOOKING AT THEM BUT THIS ONE HAS NO NAME ON HEADSTOCK NO MARKINGS EXCEPT ON THE BACK PLATE AND ALL IT SAYS IS THE "BASS COLLECTION" NOW I HAVE HEARD THAT IT IS AN OFFSHOOT OF IBANEZ AND ALSO Dean Markley AND ALSO WARWICK WHO IS RIGHT AND IF NOBODY IS THEN WHO THE HELL MAKES IT ? ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE MAKES YOU A BASS GOD IN MY EYES . YOU ANSWER CORRECTLY AND YOU IS THE MAN

THANKS

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    "Bass Collection" was a Korean brand that turned out so-so instruments in the early 90s. The label is presently defunct, but I'm sure the factory is still producing instruments as an OEM.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Sorry to butt in, but they are not "defunct" - they are distributed in the UK by "House Music" in Wapping, as I'm sure Steve is aware. They have just actually announced a new line the "Jive Series" - try this link :

http://www.nanyoboeki.co.jp/basscoll/bcolle.html

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Sorry about the misinformation. It's been a while since I've seen this brand in the US.