Who makes the best gig bags?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steviecsg, Aug 23, 2003.

1. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    Let's have your take on who makes the best gig bags?

I currently use a warwick rock bag and it suits me fine.
  2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I have two Levy's leather gig bags - one of them was a special order with more of a "box" construction and heavy padding. Without a doubt the best gig bag I have ever seen, but not cheap! Much better leather (IMHO) than the Reunion Blues cases I have seen.

Dan K.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think the warwick rockbags are the best, but unfortunately i cant use just any ol gigbag bc i use a headless so i gotta use my steinberger bag.
  4. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice ^

Does anyone know of any better gig bags for Headless basses? Like leather ones?
  6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
  7. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    last time i owned a washburn bantam headless bass the case it came with was pretty nifty. it fit purrrfect! nice and cosy.

but im not sure of any manufacturer that makes cases for such headless basses
  8. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    summit guitar backpack. it was in a recent issue of bass player. Without a doubt it is the best, most well protected gig bag ever. i think it was only about $150.
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

you can get a nice hardcase for that price, and you prefer gigbag?
  10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i like the ritter gig bags...
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  12. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I second the Incase!

They are designing a customer case for Benavente Guitars that will be ready in the next few months and will be standard with Benavente's.

The cases are amazing!!!!!
  13. I've grown to like my rockbag quite a lot.

The price wasn't bad either, it came with my thumb. :D

Well... I believe the bag comes standard with any warwick, but I still feel special. :p
  14. You get a a rifle case for a headless bass--makes a nice gig bag.
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thats what i have...... joy.
  16. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    older warwick bags like the one i have suck hard. they used to be a really weak vinyl, now they're a little heavier but the hardware is still not the greatest. mine has one zipper left, no back straps left, and only two of the handles left.

my undercover double gig bag goes with me on every gig. i could not imagine life without it after owning it for...6 months i think.
  17. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i know it's the price of a nice hard case, but don't you get sick of lugging around a big heavy hardshell case? I had a warwick gig bag that had straps and a big pocket, but it fell apart and offered no protection to my basses. I was too afraid to carry my elrick around in it, i always used the hardshell it came with. The summit cases are incredible, they have about 3 inches of padding, little rubber bumpers on the bottom, and a nifty detachable gear bag. It also has a metal refinforcment frame.

Mabey i'm crazy but it was worth it to me.

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't think that you are alone in this. Most of us who gig regularly would much rather have a good quality gig bag than a hardshell case.

I am planning to get one of those Undercover double gig bags as soon as I can afford it.
  19. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Levy's Leather...:cool:
  20. [​IMG]
    I've got a "Real Bag", Levy's leather, Levy's tiger print, Undercover double, and some other generic ones. I use the bags so that when I sell a bass, its case is still in brand new condition.