1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who makes these strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jkeeley1@gmail., Mar 18, 2008.

1. Hi;
    I just got a 6 string, fretless, 34" scale, string-thru-body.

I need to find who makes this string:

6-string set
    Flatwound
    Extra-long scale (it's string thru-body so i need extra-longs right?)

preferably a nice medium guage

any recommendations and/or juststrings.com links?

Thanks folks!

2. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    You can get a 5 string set of Super Long D'Addario Chromes and purchase the .032 separately. Seems that they only make the .032 in Long, but it should be fine since it's a 34" scale bass, even if you have to remove some of the silk to clear the nut.

3. Long scale will still work with string thru.... in my experience.

4. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    Worth every penny. And then some. My only problem with them, which is the only reason i don't use them is that they don't make anything heavier than a .128

5. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
  6. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    Hey Jkeeley, that Rondo site that you listed has Indie flatwound strings, which although I've heard mixed reviews, I plan on trying out eventually. As far as I know, they make the only flatwound out there heavier than the .132 Chrome (not counting the TI .136 due to it's low tension).

As far as Labella's and stringing through the body, unless they use some wacked out string winding method that nobody else does, I don't think you'll have a problem. They're just covering their a**es. In fact, I've used almost every brand of flatwound out there strung through the body and never had any problems, including Carvin flatwounds which are made by LaBella.