Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who Ordered the EL Whappo, extra crispy?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    wow... $1300, with visible wear and tear. Must be a nice cab.

2. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Also, if it's got less speaker surface area than a 410 XLT, and is about 8 db less sensitive, how is it supposed to make up for TWO of them? That's advertising for ya.

3. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    heard the buddah, mark egan and vic wooten play through one at the matt murphy benifit the weekend of namm. dont ask it just does. now will i ever buy one. prolly not. does it kick major booty. hell yes.

4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    there was a review of it in BP last month.

5. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Argh! Nobody even placed a bid! Who knows, maybe the price will drop and I'll snatch it up. Better start saving...

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    el whappos are awesome cabs...just throw a whappo grande under there and oh my god! whoo! i actually prefer the whappo jr. cabs. maybe one day i'll be able to afford a couple of them.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i love the Whappo Jr.'s!!! who needs a couple when only one is more than enough? hehe...

[​IMG]

8. Got an e-mail from Mark@accugroove. He responded to the bi-amp question with; go full range with one of these Whappo's whatever's and kick bootie. I wonder if they're as good as some people think? For $1300.oo it would be a baragain,the best I ever had! Still can't afford that yet. work and save, maybe my first retirement check?

9. sejarus

sejarus

May 8, 2002
    Milwaukee
    I don't know a darn thing about El Whappos, but I can vouch for the seller. Electric City is the only shop in Wisconsin with a decent selection of high end bass equipment, and they're good guys to boot.