1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who owns a 64 NOS CS Jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by denton57, Jul 28, 2008.

1. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    What can you tell me about it...while I wait for mine to arrive!!!! :D I think I got a great deal on a brand new one from a guy on ebay..AND I had a $100 off coupon from ebay to use on it! Tell me about yours!

2. Hey, I am thinking of one myself. Found a fellow TBer who's got one and he has a myspace site where he plays it on the first track. Go listen I think it as good as this bass will ever sound... groovy bass solo.

http://www.myspace.com/davesnave

Dave's the man ;)

3. mythmaker

mythmaker

Jun 24, 2008
    Great bass! This thing growls. Nothing much else to say..

4. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Wow, I will sound like that when I get this bass? :hyper:

Hearing that reminds me of how crappy I really am at bass. :(

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    you guys are way to kind. thanks. :bassist::cool: Seriously nice basses though. I got a Closet Classic because the slightly tinted and buffed neck just feels and looks better IMHO... Mine is a sunburst, i'd love to get another in a custom colour... Bass Emporium always have the Js and Ps in great custom colours.

6. Post a pic or two Mr Dave :)

7. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    bit lame, but i haven't taken any pics yet... better do that

8. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    This one is hot!
    [​IMG]

Used to have this one! Mine was a relic. The NOS ones have too much laquer on the back of the necks for me. Great tone though.

l_71381693829b7db9b8e4d22ef4741972.png

9. I have had one for 18 months now and I gig it almost every weekend.

I word of warning though - if you expect these basses to look as good as the day you got them forever then you will be mistaken. I take all care with mine but due to the Nitrocellulose laquer they do mark and fade quickly.

Best playing bass I have though and the tone is stellar. I have both ashtrays off mine and have also addeda hipshot extender to the E string.

Here is a pic of me playing mine at an outdoor gig about 12 months ago to about 10,000 people. Best gig of my life!!

2007WPFGGig021.jpg

10. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    great pic man - really shows how good the burst is...

11. jbo

jbo

May 2, 2007
    Wichita, KS
    I want one now...

12. king_biscuit

king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    Dave, that's really nice playing on myspace!

13. Does anyone feel the 64 nos is really worth the extra compared to the 62 reissue?

14. king_biscuit

king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US

I own a US 62RI (J and P) and I have spent time playing a couple of different CS 64s. On average the 64 is going to be a better bass. However, if you play a couple of 62s and find a nice light/resonate one, the differences are subtle and negligible. A good US 62RI is a killer bass for sure, and I'm sure Dave would sound just as good playing my 62 as he does playing his 64 :)

15. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    I just happened to find one on ebay that, after my $100 off coupon, I got for $1624. That is just barely a little more than a new 62 RI, and about $900 off MF prices for a new one. The guy I am buying from had it for 3 months and it is virtually in unplayed condition! He actually bought 2 different CS's at the same time and has decided to sell them to buy a vintage bass. Needless to say, a deal that couldnt be passed up!

16. SneakyT

SneakyT Commercial User

Dec 5, 2005
    Austin
    Played that one last week

17. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    At the used prices they go for definitely. At new prices it's more a question of diminishing returns; a great RI will sound the same as a CS, IMO, but they are not all stellar but mostly at least very good.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021