Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who owns a Douglas SB-26 by Rondo?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rogerbmiller, Jun 21, 2005.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Who owns a Douglas SB-26. I'd love to read some reviews.

They just restocked these at Rondo and they look great. I am thinking of getting one as I love my fretless V2 6 string and for $180 it would be nice to have a backup fretted 6.

Thanks.

BTW, I already sifted through the megathread. Not much info on these basses and that thread is beyond unruly at this point!

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  3. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Yeah, you and me with the Rondo 6-er and me and davidmwilson wit the Aria Superbasses.

Thanks for directing me to the post. I still think I need to get to Rondo and play one. With any luck, they'll have one with scratches on the bargin rack for $100!

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That's how I got my V2 six fretless. Slightly scratched Floor model with action about 1" (easily set-up) and scratches for $178. New strings and set-up and I'm gold.

5. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Hey, you guys want me to go scratch up a few of them the next time I'm at Rondo ? :bag:

LOL, just kidding Kurt :D

Seriously, just tell me where you want the nicks so they don't show, and what color you want, and I'll take care of that for you :bag:

No, really Kurt, I'm just fooling around ;)

Roger & Phil, PM me :bag:

All joking aside, these prices are so low I can't see how the floor models can be lowered in price at all !!