1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who Owns Acoustic Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by marcumh, Aug 20, 2012.

1. marcumh

marcumh

Aug 20, 2012
    This may seem like a silly question, sorry. I have a B600H in the shop for repair and need a schematic. It appears that MAYBE this is a GC specific product? If anyone can shed some light on this for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.:help:

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yes, GC is the brand owner of all currently and recently produced Acoustic amps, apart from a few rare and expensive pieces by a guy operating as "Acoustic USA".

3. marcumh

marcumh

Aug 20, 2012
    Thanks,...I had kind of figured that. Guess I won't be calling GC for a schematic, LOL.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Well, they might be able to give you the number of whatever headquarters they operate that brand from.

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    The Guitar Center Acoustic amps are made in the same factory as Kustom. Most if not all are just rebranded Kustom amps with a candy coated shell.

6. 4StringShooter

4StringShooter Banned

Jun 26, 2011
    London, Ontario, Canada
    GBX Member #1
    Just curious, what happened to the Amp, and ...how long after you first used it did it happen?