Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who Owns this 8-String F Bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Brown, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I'm trying to track down the owner of this 8 String F Bass... anyone know who owns it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    That's a beautiful bass!! Have no idea who owns it though..

Have you emailed the company and asked? Might be worth a shot.

3. OMG that's sick. What a pretty 8.

4. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Yeah... I sent George a note.

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I was sure you'd had.. But I wanted to make my post contributory in some way..

;)

6. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Thank you sir.

7. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
  8. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Are you serious? Don't be playin' with me man. :)

9. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Sorry, far too many strings for my liking.

Not that I would kick it out of bed. :smug:

10. Phalanx

Phalanx

Apr 4, 2005
    it's very nice, im sure Alain would approve of it :smug:

11. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    you don't see a whole lot of 6+ basses from F basses, I only remember seeing maybe two 7 stringers, so this was a surprise!

12. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    That is a beautiful looking bass! And, being an F bass, it probably sounds amazing as well!

Sorry, this post won't tell you anything you didn't already know.

13. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Looks like this one is in stock at SleekElite. The word is that it's around $7,600. A little steep, but I'm trying to get a quote from George. I'm really considering an 8-string F for early next year. Man, I knew GAS would get me again. :bassist:

14. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx

Oh yea that makes sense. They use that background for all their basses. That is an amazing looking bass.

15. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm sure the extreme upcharge is for all the retooling. Makes sense. Still, I think that George's upcharges are high in my opinion though. I inquired about having 28 frets on a 6er and I think I was quoted at $800 for the extra 4 frets. Again, I understand the retooling and it takes a little time away from the regular stuff but it still seems quite high.

I'm not a fan of the extreme ERB's but I must say that that F Bass 8 string looks damn fine!

16. Honestly that always pissed me off about Fbasses. You want one little extra thing and it's automatically an extra 700-800 bucks. That hardly seems fair. If it weren't for that i'd have gotten a 6-string F years ago.

17. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would have to agree. Always wanted an F. Not willing to pay what they want for upcharges. They do just fine without my business I'm sure though. There are many, many builders making equally as nice instruments who charge FAR less for options. Of coarse, this is coming from a guy who'd shell out any amount of money it took for a Ken Lawrence or a Fodera, if I had the loot. I guess F Bass does it for that much money because only then is it worth their time to do it. I get it, I just don't have to like it. Many, many people feel the same way about Fodera though. I can understand. Untill I can shell out for my dream Ken Lawrence I'm extremely thankfull for the builders like CB basses, M basses, Chris Stambaugh etc....I still can't say that I feel 2 or 4 extra frets are worth $800 to me. I'd be more than happy to have an F otherwise. I love those things. They've always just felt right.

18. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island

I tend to agree, but my BN5 and BN6 are worth every penny. I think I'm most likely going to end up sticking with Chris to build my 8-string. He's already got my top and fingerboard woods anyway. I am curious as to what this would cost me though from George.

19. My thoughts exactly. The funny thing is I'd pay the upcharged price if that was the normal price. I'd pay 4800 for a great bass any day of the week if i had the cash, it's just the fact that that extra 2 frets i wants is 800 bucks of the price that kills me.

That 8 does look sweet though. Sorry for spreading my anti-Fbass propaganda :oops:

20. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    That doesn't bother me in the least bit. ;)