Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

who plays a EB3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 4, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Just want some feed back before i get one thanks guys. It would be Epiphone.:)

2. I think you'd be better off with your Epi Jack bass. My favourite Epiphone of them all.

3. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I've had a long and storied association with Gibson Eb basses. You may note that I'm listed as an Epiphone endorser on their website. I didn't necesarily want to return the free bass, but they're not that great. I used a Rivoli reissue for a European tour (so I could leave my vintage Guilds at home) and they're just not very well made. You get around the low A on the E string and all the fundamental notes vanish. Thye look nice. I love Gibson Eb basses, but the cheapo copies don't make it.

On the otehr hand, my band just tracked our third CD at a studio with gazillions of guitars: old Fenders, Gibsons from Les Pauls to Flying V, all sorts of strange old Harmony and Vox weirdo guitars plus all our Rickenbackers and Teles and the VIP guitar that made it onto just about every tune was an Epiphone Rivera hollowbody. That thing just screamed. We put it through a hepped up Hiwatt and it was monster chunky sounding.