Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who Plays Ibanez Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dstranathan, Jun 22, 2003.

1. dstranathan

dstranathan

Jun 1, 2003
    I am really interested in the Ibanez SRX300 bass. It seems bright, hot, punchy and loud. Good for rock, punk, metal, etc.

Can anyone tell me who plays Ibanez basses (professionally)?

Also, what is the neck like? Is it fast? Is it thin?

2. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
  3. Dude. I just posted in the other string you just started...didn't see this one...and I suggested a Ibanez SRX500 for it's fast thin neck :D

I guess we were somehow thinking of the same thing lol.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ibanez Soundgears have a jazz neck.

BTB models have a Precision neck.

Other than that, the basses are great. I used to play only Ibanezes, then sold a couple because I was poor, and then when I had $400 to buy another SR400, an Ernie Ball Stingray landed in my lap CHEAP so I bought it. And I just sent the money for a BC Rich with a Kahler Tremolo, but Ibanezes are still my weapon of choice...SR400's to be exact...they're cheap, fast, comfortable, and in the worst case: disposable.

I've owned Arias, Gibsons, Ernie Balls, with price tags in excess of $1000 and I still come back to my $375 Korean SR400's. They're THAT good. I'll recommend anyone a Soundgear bass. Unfortunately, I'm starting to see more cheap Soundgears than I am Fenders, so they're almost becoming cliche.

But they're worth every cent and more!

5. dstranathan

dstranathan

Jun 1, 2003
    I saw the list, thanks. I was hoping for comments of other players that were not mentioned on the list.

6. dstranathan

dstranathan

Jun 1, 2003
    Whats the cheapest you have seen the SR400 for new online?

Is the PHAT active stuff good?

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I don't like the Phat. As far as online, hard to find for less than $450.

You could get ahold of my SR645 cheaper with case than the SR405.