1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who plays instrumental songs, bass down tuned?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thomas Kievit, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Well, since I discovered Animals As Leaders, I look different to instrumental songs. Not that I hated it or something, but for me it was something different then songs that had vocals in it.

Okay, AAS doesn't have a bass player, but they do tune their lowest 2 strings of their 8 string guitars, down with a whole step ( F# B - - > E A).

I have to say it's very cool and all, and I've been listening more instrumental music on the internet, with a bass player mixed in the song, who down tuned his bass to Drop D, Low A, half step down, whole step down etc. etc.

So who of you does some instrumental stuff with his / her bass down tuned? Can you post some examples as well?

2. For one song on our last album i was tuned to drop B...link in my sig. the track is City of Angles. we are writting more material in this tuning now.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That's my ideal setting for playing. Lately I have been writing songs for a not instrumental group, but since we have yet to rehearse with the vocalist, it still feels instrumental. <3

We tune down a whole step.

I would check out Pelican. Post-rock, Post-Metal.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021