Who plays with legos or knex?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bardolph, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I'm 17 now and I still like to make things with knex and I just wanted to know if I'm not the only dork.
  2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I love K'Nex!! Those things are AWESOME! I can build anythign with those. Sometime soon, I am going to make a full scale bass out of K'Nex.

Have you ever used Steel Tech? That is pretty fun too, but a lot mroe complex (real nuts and bolts).
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I still geek around with legos every once in a while. My family has TONS of them... three boys growing up, yeah, we've a bunch.

Everything from the super ancient stuff through the latest space/ninja/mideval stuff. No theme sets (Star Wars, Harry Potter, ect).

Of all the "series" I thought the Aquanaughts was the coolest.
  4. word to that man! i remember the christmas when "santa" brought me the whole set!

man, i wish i still had my legos :bawl:
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My son Alex made these Lego Guitars.

6. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    oh hell yes! but recently, my mom got tired of having a whole wall dedicated to my creations.... so she took apart EVERYTHING, and then put all of the k'nex and lego parts into, get this, THE SAME BIN. ahh.... i was so angry with her.... i didnt talk to her for about a month or so.

well, there is one bright side, i get lots more pieces to build new stuff with. That will start as i finish up separating the knex and lego parts:mad:

7. i love legos. i'm 16 and i still drag out my huge tupperware bucket of them and goof around now and then. and by "goof around," i mean "spend 6 to 8 hours perfecting a dual-pilot, strategic space vessel with blaster cannons and fully-loaded rear thruster pods."
  8. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Lego's cool, and I used to make a lot of stuff. However, I just don't have enough pieces anymore. I have an awesome fighter jet (which I made about 5 years ago), and a Chevy Avalanche-type-thing that seats four (about 2 years ago). Other cool things I used to build were trebuchets and sports cars. But I'm too damn busy playing bass now...:D

But good idea on the lego bass! I'll try that.:bassist:
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, I crack out ye olde lego tub from time to time.

Usually when that happens I work on stuff for weeks, then am very satisfied and display my creations for a while and then play with them and break them up and start again.

I haven't used any legos in a long time, but my last cool creations were a Final Fantasy styled Airship(like final fantasy 1 or 4 style)

and 2 Lightsabers, Red and blue, both about 2 feet long.

Like brendan, I have hallacious amounts of lego too, due to 2 older brothers. Though, over the years, and Through many moves, we have lost a lot of the really ancient stuff, but there are still a few precious gems in that old tub.

Good stuff, Lego is.
  10. And apparently in the state i live in, we are one of the few places in the world to pronounce Lego as Laygo.

11. I say Laygo.

it's weird.
  12. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    anyone know how an actual knex bass would work? with pickups and stuff?
  13. i dont think it would work, but it would be quite cool looking!
  14. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    The plastic pieces wouln't be able to handle the tension of the strings.
  15. I still have a whole lot of LEGOs and Knex, and if I dig hard enough, I might be able to find my old Erector sets.

The pun is obvious. Please don't. It's simply too painful to see it right there as I write it down, and not be able to say anything.

Rock on
  16. Hells Yes!
  17. Why else do you think I have been working as a nursery school teacher?:)

Lego is also one of the reasons I'm now studying to become an engineer!
  18. Im 18 and i still play with Legos. I dont plan on stopping either. I wanna build a lego city in my basement withen i get my own house.