1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who remembered their towel?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, May 25, 2011.

1. Well, did you?

DON'T PANIC

:ninja:

2. Someone's just finished watching a certain movie...

(Kudos if you're actually reading a certain book, rather than just watching the movie)

3. I did watch the movie last week. But I finished the trilogy of five a month or two back (had been meaning to read it for years).

However, it isn't directly related to having just watched/read anything, the 25th May is International Towel Day. :)

4. Ah, good thing I'm currently wearing nothing but a towel then?

5. Just as long as you spend the rest of the day that way.

And stay on your side of the border :p

6. Well, I have to cycle into uni later; I might get a few looks if I don't at least put some underwear on...

7. *puts on peril-sensitive sunglasses*

8. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    Good movie, sorry not a book reader.

9. I'd say it's worth giving a read, even if you don't read very often. It's short and an easy read :)

10. TJ55

TJ55

Jun 5, 2010
    KY
    [​IMG]

11. Pretty GD funny, too!

12. I'm sitting on the towel right now and later planning to go to the Restaurant at the end of the Universe.
    FYI
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Day

I guess i am one of the few that liked the movie and the BBC versions.....

13. dbhokie

dbhokie

Nov 1, 2010
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

14. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I know where my towel is. Good day to you!

15. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    I know exactly where my towel is, as well as several replacements. Thanks to my kids, I even have towels loaded with nutritious elements like milk and grape jam in case of emergency ;)

I also know where all the BBC Radio productions of the trilogy in five parts are on my hard drive. Didn't think much of the movie, but Netflix has the BBC TV production from 1980...much better, IMO.

16. Hopefully you went back in time first to start a high interest savings account to be able to afford the restaurant at the end of the universe where the cows sell themselves.
    I found the book to be a million times better. They just couldn't fit the important details in the movie. It was pretty lackluster if you ask me. Even though Zooey DeChannel is hot.

17. Big Brother

Big Brother

Feb 13, 2011
    San Diego
    Roving sub-demon
    Funny, I was just listening to the BBC radio version on my way to work this morn.

It may be the only instance where the radio show beats the crap out of the book(s) and all the movies. It is truly brilliant.

18. dbhokie

dbhokie

Nov 1, 2010
    Zooey is extremely gorgeous, my favorite girl in the world, with a sultry beautiful voice to boot. She & Him being her band project.

19. Lotta hoopy froods in this thread.....

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!

I demand that I may,or may not,be Vroomfondle.

20. lol wut?