Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who sells Bergantino?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkySpoo, Dec 10, 2004.

1. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Can you only get Bergantino from bergantino or are there other outlets?

Gassing for a NV215

Thanks

2. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    http://www.bergantino.com

Go to "Dealers" There is a nice list of dealers there. - gary

3. Bass Central has them.

4. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    As does Bass Northwest

5. There's a guy in Rancho Cordova (Northern California)that deals Bergie- I see you're in Maryland, but this just says you shouldn't have to go direct.

6. If there isn't dealer near you, I'd reccommend Rock City Guitars in Boston. That's where I bought my NV-610. Corey is great to deal with, and incidentally, was involved in the creation of the NV line... No problems with international shipping either.

7. Man I type slow

8. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I was gonna suggest them.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Yep. Call Gard

10. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
  11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Same here... I agree.

I bought my HT series cabs used.

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I just heard the NV215 about a half hour ago at Bass Emporium in Austin (I'm traveling on business - well, some pleasure, too...), and it really impressed me. John also had the 610 and the 425, which were also quite nice, but I liked what the 6" driver on the 215 was giving me.

13. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie, DR Strings, Fender, Source Audio & Fishman
    Welcome to Austin Tom. I've played that used NV215. I like it, but I wouldn't want a single cab that big, maybe the 610. I have several things on consignment there. I hope you bought them all. ;)

John is great guy and a pleasure to do business with and is super fair with his prices.

14. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
  15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Thanks! I won't be here long (flying home out of DFW tonight), but once before I was down for SXSW, and I definitely need to do that again! You have a great music scene here in Austin!

+1 on the props to John! I had previously bought a VL-208 and VL-110 from him over the internet, but all I bought yesterday was a nice long strap and a set of Sunbeams.

Later, Tom.

16. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Outside of my buddy Adrian Garcia (who no longer handles the Bergie line), the guys at Bass Northwest have always treated me well and I've bought several Bergie cabs from them. Shipping wasn't bad, either, although that 215 might be a bit of a costly load.

17. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie, DR Strings, Fender, Source Audio & Fishman
    That was probably my VL-208 if it was used. I sold two of them through him. The music scene is great here. I find lots of work and feel lucky to be part of the community.

It's dangerous having a place as great as Bass Emporium is the same town as me. I've bought and sold so much there in the last 2 years. John does a great job of keeping me and a few other guys totally addicted.

18. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Well I emailed about 8 shops for a quote and it seems everybody sells it for exactly the same price. Oh well. Guess I'll buy it from the closest dealer to save on shipping.

Or I'll order direct if I can get it in the red tolex that the 610 is available in.

19. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I found the same thing - Jim B will not allow his dealers to discount cab prices. They are still worth every penny! :D