1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

who sells Clover basses in the US?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jzucker, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    anyone?

2. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    e mail clover and ask them.....they (the basses) look like Quality stuff....

3. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ

Yeah, like this baby right here... I'd LOVE to get my hands on one:

clover_avenger5_wal01_01.

or this one:

clover_avenger5_vw01.

4. FenderBinder

FenderBinder

Mar 24, 2007
    Atlanta
    damn thats a beautfil piece of equipment.

5. I talked to "the man" at Clover, and there is no US distrib.:crying:

I was looking into the classic 6, and he directed me to a place in Germany that was none to responsive to dealing with a US buyer.

Maybe you'll have better luck.

6. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    See if a European TBer can get it for you. You just have to pay for the bass and shipping.

7. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
  8. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
    phone or email Jörg Neugebauer - he'll most likely ship direct if the lowend cant get their act together.

The level of quality is so high that you can buy untested !

DSCF4063.

DSCF4050crop.

DSCF4049.

9. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com

Just to Clarify, its not about getting my act together but working out details on purchasing and what is available right now. I have requested a few different models to see what is available for shipping.

Thanks and I'm glad to see the Interest in the Clovers is groing. They are Great instruments!

Thanks
    Brian

10. I have been wanting one of these bad boys since I played one last year in Barcelona, Spain. Very nice!! I like the 6 string Jazz in the gold metal flake!
    clover_apeiron6clas_gs01.

11. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
    Brian, my apologies, on re-reading my post it sounds too depreciating.
    I was merely trying so say, if Lowend and Clover have still too many issues to sort out to have a particular model in stock in the foreseeable future...

Glad to see somebody in the US promoting these great instruments. I'm sure you can tell, I'm very happy with mine !

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I played an Aperion H4 in The Gallery in London at the weekend. It was OK but I wasn't blown away by it.

13. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    No problem.

Here is what I replied to Joerg this morning to start with. Your thoughts since you have experience with them?

Walnut top XP15.5
    Vintage White HP.5
    Classic 6 Gold Sparkle

14. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    I want to try out the Classic 6, but I would never buy a bass with a finish like that.

15. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    :D I understand, ther eis an Ice Blue I really figured I should get instead but the Gold Sparkle I figured would be an attention grabber.

16. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
    I'm probably most qualified to comment on the XP15.5, since I own one since 2 years.

Ergonomics: body comfy, reduced size, great body shapings
    neck shape is flat and feels really nice even to my not-so-large hands. Perfectly balanced playing position.

Sound: walnut on mahogany = woody earthy tones
    set he pickup blend to bridge (or at least towards bridge) and play near the bridge, you get that growly throaty tone, blend to the neck for a vintage tone or just past mid detend for my favourite slap tone (just raise the mids a bit).
    The humbucker doesnt really give bonafide Musicman tones (wrong wood, wrong position) but in parallel setting a very useful gigging tone, in serial setting a mega fat tone really pushing.

One noteworthy fact: This is the most silent on-board EQ I've ever experienced. You can turn up the treble to the max without any hiss whatsoever !!!
    With a good preamp (eg. Avalon or Summit) run this also purely passive for another gorgeous sound option.

The HP5 I've played in a music store and during the Musikmesse this year. A different animal. Larger body, different woods and even more sound option, P Bass, Musicman and Jazz Bass, all blendable, P and J in passive, Musicman in active.

I've got designs on that one ;)

DSCF2071.

or maybe this Avenger, (the splittable bridge pickup is soooooo punchy !!!)

DSCF2069.

Hope I could convey some of the excitement.

17. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
    on the other hand, maybe this one will come first... :D

DSCF2166.

18. musicmansf

musicmansf

Jul 23, 2007
    San Francisco
    By the look of these designs/pickup placement, can they get in the neighborhood of wal-land? That 24 fret looks very similar to the Mach II! (except with a P mid pickup)