Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who sells wooden pots?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Any one know of a company that makes and/or sells various types of wooden control pots? Dual concentric if possible -too any names or URLs whould be great - thanks.

Mike

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Wooden pots o_0?

3. Thonk

Thonk

Sep 14, 2003
    UK
    http://www.thgknobs.com/

I have'nt used them but there work looks pretty good in the gallery page

i just happen to have this link handy as i was also thinking about getting some wooden pots made up for the SEI 4 string i just scored

hope this helps

4. knobs he means

5. I mean KNOBS!!! That's what I means, I think! No of course I do - knobs, knobs, knobs....

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Phew

7. Thanks Thonk-meister - I just emailed Roger at THG about his knob (s) - sorry us Brits are so smutty - knob in our venacular can mean - dick!

They do look really, really nice though - I'll see how much I get stung for a set of four...!

8. Thonk

Thonk

Sep 14, 2003
    UK

NP Urb_munki im glad i could help :)

im also thinking of order some hand crafted knobs but with zebra wood bodys and Buckeye Burl top's i'll need 2 concentric and 3 smaller so looks like i'll have to emailing them for a custom set quote but i dont think it will be cheap!

9. wideload

wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    I've seen quite a few examples of Roger's work with Alembics, and everyone who has his products is well pleased, and prices are reasonable (at least in the Alembic world!). Like everyone else, I'm planning a set for my bass, just haven't decided the combination yet.

10. You mean like these?

George F normally does his with African Blackwood, these burl maple knobs were supplied, I believe, by THG knobs.

11. yes Big O - I'm going to get in touich with THG - I'll get my bass home first from its maker - but those (and your bass) look superb - thanks again

12. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    If you are after ebony knobs, Luthier's Mercantile (lmii.com , I believe) has them way cheap! The THG are a more custom variety, which might better match the look you are after.

13. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Roger at THG does some excellent work and he's a great guy on top of it. I've had him do some work for me and I'm extremely happy with it. In fact, he's doing a set of knobs for another one of my basses now.

I'm sorry that the knobs don't show up too well in the picture, but they are a spalted maple with mother-of-pearl dots. In person they look great against the buckeye burl.
    [​IMG]

14. Thonk

Thonk

Sep 14, 2003
    UK
    Hey ya berklee46

Thanks for the info on THG's work and for the pic those knobs look really great and set the bass off to a T (is that a curbow bwt?) just the kind of thing im looking for for my sei

i mailed roger yestaday for a quote on a set of knobs with zebra wood bodys and buckeye burl top's

i'll update as soon as i get the quote...

15. Check out these knobs from Jean's Pac-Man bass:

[​IMG]

wacka wacka wacka ...

- Dave

16. Noaita

Noaita

Jun 6, 2003
    Shameless booster guy.

Yes, they were

Roger
    THG

:D

17. cods

cods

Sep 16, 2003
    that is possibly the coolest thing i have ever seen....ever.

18. Yeah, well, check out the rack ... it lights up too.

[​IMG]

- Dave

19. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I contacted THG for a quote and apparently there is a long waiting list. Judging from the product that I have seen, they are worth the wait.