who still likes incubus (other then me)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stuie86, Jun 9, 2003.

1. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    high low

i noticed alot of incubus slaming going on around here, and i love every one of their cd's. so i was wondering how still likes incubus around here (other then me)

2. I only know their album "Morning View" and also the song "Pardon Me", but I reckon they're very good. NZ's radio stations play a version of "Are You In" that I don't like, though - it has a different drum track, drum machines and stuff. Dunno why?! The drums on the album version are, er, "so much better".

In my opinion, Incubus are the best of their genre :)
  3. s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    I still like Incubus... all their records... all their songs (some more than others but still)... And I have no plans of changing that, unless the new basssist really sitnks (I really like Dirk Lance's groovy funky style)
  4. I like them, I've only listened heavily to Morning View but I like what I've heard from them. I don't know about the new bassplayer though, I haven't heard anything with him but it seems to me he has some pretty big shoes to fill.
  5. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    I still like them, however, I think they've kinda been getting progressively worse since Science. Not that they've gotten bad or anything, just not as good.
  6. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    this is how i look at it

they started the band when they where 16, we all know how we are at 16(im still that way),well there in ther mid 20's now so they grow up right...,so ther music grow up with them (evoloved, matured)

this is a great quote i sol the other day...
    thats just how i look at it

P.S. and as you can see i cant spell ether
  7. babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    I thought S.C.I.E.N.C.E. was good, but IMO their other material, both before and after, is much weaker.
  8. I like everything I've heard - S.C.I.E.N.C.E., Morning View, and Make Yourself. Leaning towards Make Yourself as my fave right now.

Whoever is doing their engineering (Scott Litt?) is doing a bang-up job. I wish I could make records that sound like that :bawl:
  9. I still like them.. I didn't really dig the Morning View Album... But cannot deny it is very good. I felt sad about Dirk Lance's departure but I hope the next album is a little more interesting than the last.
  10. isnt the guitarist or someone from the roots going to play bass for them?
  11. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    i heard these words right out of brandons mouth (on a tv interview of coure)

we got a place up in the cold dark mountains to make our next cd more dark and melotic

... yay fun... my fav. kind of cd.:bassist:
  12. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Incubus is very good...
    Although like a lot of people I never heard of them till the were played on the radio.

Im looking forward to seeing them in Aug.

13. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx

i wish i could go:bawl: :spit:
  14. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    wait if there going to lollapalooza whos going to play bass for them.... i may be behind on the story...sorry

i well:rolleyes: ...i wish
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I Like 'em. I mean "morning view" was a issapointment because a friend of mine got me hyped stating that they were going back to their rock-funk roots.

But the album grew on me nonetheless. I don't listen to it as much as I could, I got better things to do(play bass :p )

but it is a good disc.

that said, I like all their previous work, though I haven't heard Fungus amongus yet. I hear it's really good too.
  16. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    if you like the rock funk roots you'll love this, i say go get
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    fungus amongus...yeah..I listened to it on the ITMS just now...very good.
  18. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003

The guy from "The Roots" is filling the bass slot. I was bummed when I heard this.Maybe he'll bring a fresh element to the table and they'll be better than ever.
  19. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I think they are good.. they write some great music.. technical too...they are amazing musicians.. too bad Dirk Lance is no longer with them.. he is solid on bass.. but the guitarest for the roots is a tasty bass player.. more on the hip-hop side... but maybe incubus is gunning for a more hip-hop feel with their new bassist... i don't know really, i'm just pulling that out of my butt
  20. 2K3Spec-V

Jun 10, 2003
    North Jersey
    I still love incubus as well, i can't wait to see them in tour again this summer....