1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who still uses Genz Benz Shuttle amps and NEOX cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Medford Bassman, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    I go ampless on stage but for rehearsals and noon band gigs, I still use my Shuttle 6.2 and either GENZ NEOX 112t or 212t cabinets. They simply sounds awesome together. Who else does?

smogg and BassAndReeds like this.
  2. Bit of the old with the new, NeoX2 2x12t is the cab and Mr. Genzlers latest The Magellan 800 is the amp.

Rig-on-stage.

Guitar-into-Genzler.

Hey @catcauphonic! It is Genz Family picture time.

Wicked G, smogg and catcauphonic like this.
  3. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I don't use the cabs, but I have played and owned every Shuttle head. Currently I have the Shuttle 6.2, and the Shuttlemax12.2.

pjbassist and smogg like this.
  4. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I use a ShuttleMax 9.2 in my home studio and a Shuttle 6.0 is the backup to my Quilter Bass Block. I don’t use the NEOX cab, but mainly because I’m a sealed 410 fan and my Hartke HyDrive has served me well for the past 100 or so gigs.

smogg likes this.
  5. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    California
    I use the 212t for every gig with one of my bands and I use my 6.0 as a power amp at home when I am fiddling with new pre amps and effects and such. Here is a shot of back in the day....I should bust this out at a gig again....what a great rig! Both vintage 2008.

IMG_2573.JPG

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    smogg, lbbc, Wicked G and 3 others like this.
  6. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    All these amps are still covered under a factory authorized service program, and all parts are still in stock.

LowB-90, bucephylus, RColie and 27 others like this.
  7. wagdog

wagdog

Mar 20, 2000
    Der Waffle Haus
    I still daily drive my 6.2/210 combo. Occasionally I'll think of moving on to a Genzler rig but really I'm perfectly happy where I am.

smogg likes this.
  8. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    Have Shuttle 6.2 and 112T for small gigs/rehearsal. Use with Tecamp 212 for bigger gigs. Very happy.

smogg and agedhorse like this.
  9. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    Yet another reason I love these amps. You guys replaced one for me at one time when venue screwed up their wiring and their ground was hot and burned up my do.

Great bunch of people.

10. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    I'm a happy Shuttle 3.0-10t + 10t user. Recently sent mine for a checkup and it's basically good as new. Its a "forever" rig for me!

Zbysek, smogg and agedhorse like this.
  11. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    I have the Shuttle6.0 and the Shuttle 2x10 (don't remember the number). Actually, I have two of the cabs. I still use the single Shuttle cab and Shuttle head in small venues.

12. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Had a 9.2; great amp

2x12 NeoX - Beautiful sounding cabs; not too old school, not too hi-fi.
    Full, thick, clear, and bright if you need it to be.
    I found mine to be a very solid performer no matter what the room.

13. jshinal

jshinal

May 28, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Shuttle 9.0 but using GB cabs with ceramic drivers. The moment a neo 2x12 shows up in my area though....

smogg, S-Bigbottom and agedhorse like this.
  14. Edword

Edword

Jun 23, 2005
    Detroitish
    gb_rig_rotated.

15. the slug

the slug man, why the long face Gold Supporting Member

May 21, 2014
    I keep my 212 cab and 9.0 shuttle set up at church. if I'm playing out, I grab my 112 and one of my 6.2 heads. love em

smogg, S-Bigbottom and agedhorse like this.
  16. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    In 2011 I found myself with a Shuttle 9 and a GK MB Fusion. I wasn't playing out much at that time and decided to sell one or the other. I sold the Benz because the GK is smaller. I like the GK too but have always missed the Benz.

This rig sounded fantastic, with the Shuttle and a couple of Eden 210XST cabinets. Not really light though.

37Nio_3YayMsHurighyASqaJ0u9vzRgh77R8aNlooY0-n6j-2BcMt44p65f9t9WbwmaOoRLQu4PyxsdEgZw=w543-h726-no.

17. ThinCrappyTone

ThinCrappyTone Mostly harmless Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    me! i usually use one or two 1x12 neox 112t’s. Though usually with a d800.

Aside from the fact they sound great, the kickback option is ridiculously practical. 03509278-0071-4373-B247-53CFA6A40705.

18. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Heads come and go but my NeoX 212T is the foundation of my sound. I'm on my third one since the early 2000's. Not due to failures mind you but sellers remorse when playing a show with a different cab. Finally learned my lesson after letting number 2 go. Replaced it a month later and never looked back.
    0222182139-00.

19. AC8B5742-285E-490A-844E-9E8F3AAEC7C2. I have not tried the Genz amps, but I really dig my nx2 212t and the new Genzler heads. I also use tone hammers with that cab. I got the cab for $450 not too long ago. It was new old stock from a store that never unboxed it. I’m still happy about that score.

20. metermech

metermech SMOOVE ONE

Mar 17, 2008
    I have 2 neo 212's..One fur and one tolex that I use with a STL-900 and Mesa D800. I have used them together one time with the D800 and that was awseome. My GB cabs are here forever. Picked up the fur cab for 285 from GC 2 years ago.

Datsgor, agedhorse and S-Bigbottom like this.