1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who the F is Frank Zappa?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Interspace Station, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Interspace Station

Interspace Station Director at THE SPACEPORT Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Kinda surprised I can't find another thread here about the Zappa documentary (other than this one, which doesn't quite capture the gravity of the importance of this effort).

BASICALLY – Alex Winter (yes, Bill S. Preston Esq) is raising funds through Kickstarter to not only make the definitive Frank Zappa documentary, his efforts to do so encompass the greater importance of ensuring Zappa's work survives for future generations by saving Zappa's enormous vault (#savethevault, if you use such nomenclature).

If you have any interest in Zappa (himself) or his music (...is the best), I highly recommend backing the campaign. For a small contribution you get a TON of amazing digital archival footage and anecdotes, and, if you so choose, much more depending on how much you want to chip in. The daily updates have been worth the low price of admission alone!

The goal is $1,000,000 by this Friday and the donations are closing in on that mark. If Zappa ever influenced you as a musician, as an artist, as a lover, as a human...consider supporting!

2. Interspace Station

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Not entirely surprised but glad to see the goal was reached, and I seriously hope this whole thing turns out as amazing as Alex says it will be. A lot of interesting merch to come from this, but I'm really excited to know such a vast archive of work has the chance to live on.

Lots of great exclusive vault videos this week, donate and share!

WHO THE F*@% IS FRANK ZAPPA?

D M C and Camaro like this.
  3. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Glad they've begun archiving. Glad they raised the dough.

Interspace Station likes this.
  4. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    That is exciting news

Interspace Station likes this.
  5. Interspace Station

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
  6. rufus.K

rufus.K