1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who triggers sounds live via midi? How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by hensonbass, Dec 4, 2006.

1. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I want to trigger about a dozen or so select sounds from a sound source. I know most of you will say get a sound synth/module such as a Motif, Fantom, ect. But I don't need that many patches, and I would like to get very specific with the sounds that I choose from various software libraries. Could I use a MPC (sampler workstation) to store these select sounds in the memory bank to then trigger them live with the pads and with an external midi keyboard controller?

I want to use this setup for a heavy touring group that focuses on live playing with a lot of acoustic instruments. If we get into sequencing in the future it would be minimal. Most important, I just need to be able to have some customized pristine drum, percussion, bass and keyboard sounds ready to be triggered.

I would love to hear comments on you bass players out there having to make more than bass sounds on the gig.