1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who uses Schroeders for metal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XtraLongScale, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I've been thinking about getting a pair of 1212Rs as a be all end all solution for my modular needs. I plan on either throwing a Carvin B1500 or Fender MB1200 power amp + as of yet undetermined preamp on top of 'em and be done with it. Does anyone else here run a pair of 1212s for the loud stuff?

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I was running a 1210 for a while. I wish I'd kept it. I was pushing it with a bbe bmax and carvin dcm1000 bridged. Sounded awesome....tons of punch.

My next cab purchase will be a schroeder once I have the fundage.

3. people are still playing metal? :bag:

4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Neogothpostmetalcore. With sparklies.

I was trying to decide between a 1210 and 1212 for my next purchase, but with Jorg releasing these new cabs...drool...I'm really wanting a 1515 or 21015. The 610 looks awesome too.

The medium cabs will certainly more than get the job done, especially if you're going for a modular setup.

5. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I got my 410R after I left my last metal band and start playing funk/hip-hop. That said, we were messing around before a show one day and started jamming on some Pantera tunes (mainly to see the soundguys reaction to our normally VERY un-metal set)... About 10 seconds into it I realized that my Schroeder 410R paired with my GK 2001RB was literally THE sound I was trying to get for a couple years in various metal bands but could never achieve.

Schroeder + Metal = :D

6. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    i play in a metal tribute band with a 1212L and 1210L. I either use the 1212L by itself or both cabs for louder gigs. they most definitely cut through two screaming marshall half stacks and it is super portable.

7. I play Heavy Rock with a schroeder 310212 powered by a Fender MB-1200

a cab with 10's might be a better option for metal IMO, but that depends on the tone you are looking for...

I can tell you one thing about the Fender MB-1200 though... try run it at 2ohms, as it really opens up into a 2ohm load compared to it's 800watts at 4ohms (the power difference shouldn't make that much difference, but it just seems much louder to me at 2ohms?) - so what I'm saying is if you are gonna go that way, get the two schroeders in 4ohm configs so that you can run them together at 2ohms... that rig would kill!!!

8. pulse

pulse

Apr 10, 2007
    Berlin, Germany
    I would recommend you try both R and L series

The R speakers could have more beef, I think even Jörg says this the Ls more clean

I often consider swopping my Ls for Rs for that reason

2 1212s are however a nice mini stack

I run em at 2 ohms with an all tube head

9. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    +1

10. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I was wondering how long it would take for you to throw in your .02 worth :D

11. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i use my 410R for everything

its the perfect cab

12. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    310212r

Punk, Metal, Rock

Sounds fantastic. I like it better than the SVT 8-10 I used to have. Way louder and fuller and half as big.