Who uses the Line 6 XT Live Bass Floor Pedal ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gospel Bass Player, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Hey Guys, I've found a virgin Line 6 XT Live Bass Floor Pod and it's being delivered next week. My question is, can you coax out some "tubey" sounds with it ? I realize nothing sounds like an Ampeg SVT, but an Ampeg SVT...lol But, can I expect to get close enough? Please not to offend any purists or bring out the haters for this product. Just would like to have some hones talk about this diamond in the ruff.
    GBP

BrentSimons likes this.
  2. Hi there,
    I have a Bass Pod XT (not the live version). I've had it for years. I've also owned a few of the Bass Pod XT Lives in the past. i just felt the XT suited me more since I don't switch patches very often. Its a great unit and still holds up today in my opinion,
    Some of the more "vintagey" amp sims are a great place to start. The Ampeg SVT, Ampeg B-15, Fender Bassman (there are 3 Fender amps from various years) Alchemist Preamp (Alembic F2-B) and even the Tube Preamp. I usually use headphones when I start tweaking and then plug it into the effects return of an amp or go to a mixer and then adjust from there. You can get some great tones but be patient! :) Start with an empty patch and then tweak to your hearts content.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Best wishes,
    Brent

3. By all accounts, the modelling is great on the XT range - enjoy!

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. caledoneus83

caledoneus83

Feb 26, 2018
    SC
    I've recently been given one of these "as-is" and am going to try to repair it. After opening it up and looking at all of innards, It looks like the only part that is bad is the input for the power supply. Found a replacement one of those for $8 shipped, and am going to switch it out and see where we go from there.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021