Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who wants a FREE tuner?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mchildree, Dec 3, 2001.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    More closet-cleaning that could benefit a TB'er (remember this Herm?):

I have an older Peterson tuner (not the strobe model) that works fine. It must be plugged into AC power, it's kinda large, and it can only function with the instrument plugged into the tuner. In other words, it's not an ideal portable gigging tuner, but it'd be fine in a rehearsal room, etc.

I'll send this to the first TB'er that responds that he/she doesn't already own a tuner and NEEDS it. Honor system applies here...please don't respond if you already have a tuner, OK? I want this to go to a needy bassist.

2. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Oh...forgot....it's autographed by Herm, too!

3. OUR LOCAL SCHOOL SYSTEM COULD USE A GOOD TUNER FOR BAND / ORCHESTRA !!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND i WILL SEND INFORMATION.

THANKS.

P.S. SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

4. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Done deal, then, Chopper! Please email the shipping address to me and I'll send it to them, courtesy of Talkbass.

Thanks for the help!

5. Hey Thanks alot for the donation. Our school system can realy use some gear. If ever we can return the favor please let us know.

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    whoa! we need more people like you!

now, if someone has a spare old amp with good wattage i could use... :)

please help this third world poor bassist!

7. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey dave castelo...

I see you live in Mexico_One day take a trip down to good old usa,and go on a shopping free for bass to save some $.

8. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    damn i needed a tuner :(
    It's okay :)

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    take a trip DOWN?? im not in Canada! LOL :D

actually i bought my basses on USA (Tucson and Phoenix), nice stores there...

i´m going to Tucson in some more weeks... hopefully i´ll return to Mexico with a brand new amp :)

so... I´m NOT poor but you ppl have too many basses :p Now Gimme one! HAHAHA

10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    If anyone has a small (15-30 watt) GUITAR amp with distortion pleae let me know because im looking for one to write, play and record songs with
    Thanks
    Kirby

11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Everyone has something to be thankful for. :D

Hey Mike, that's a really nice thing you did! Big thumbs up!

12. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Kirby, email me your address. :D

13. I recieved the tuner on saturday the 8th, and will present it to the school band teacher on monday.
    I would like to thank Mike, for the donation, and talk bass for the avenue in which this donation was made. I would encourage anyone to support their local school program, or just a local kid in the neiborhood trying to pursue music. With all the pressure our youth face today, music can teach them to express what they cannot in words.
    Thanks again !!

Brian J. (aka) chopper

14. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I'm glad it helped, Chopper.

There's also another thread going with another giveaway to a school, hospital, etc.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=32250

This ones a little more involved...we have a group of folks willing to contribute a few dollars towards an entry-level bass and some other goodies. If anyone here would like to join in, please check it out...

Thanks,
    Mike

15. Ah yes Mike, The beloved Peterson tuner. I got many good years of memories with that thing.

The Herm sig scrached into the brushed aluminum face will insure that will only increase in value, as time goes by..........

well ok - maybe not.

16. 20 years from now Ebay item #6578825
    Signed peterson guitar tuner from no other than the famous Mr. Herm !!Opening bid starts at $500.00

Hey Herm I wondered if that was your name on that tuner! still works fine!

17. Yeah buddy. That's me alright. I scratched my name in that when I first got it in, oh, I'm only guessing here - 1979 or 1980. Paid $150 for it new, and I was touring a little at the time, and wanted it clearly indentifyable. Hope it continues to work well for you.

18. i have a question about tuners...
    can i use a guitar tuner to tune my bass, that's what i've been doing, is this bad?

19. Oh Angus... Soooo low... so, so low... But yet, for some reason I'm not the least bit surprised ;)

20. It will be fine !