Who wants a Jerzy?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flatwound, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Thought I'd hip you to the fact that a used one's available (and I ain't got the cash).

Yeah, baby!
  2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    theres another on ebay for a good price as well.
  3. looks pretty sweet, and the price is reasonable. i feel sorry for the poor sucker who got hosed selling it to bassnw.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Whoa, beautiful! I'd be tempted, but as I recall bridge spacing is only 17mm. Can anyone confirm/deny?
  5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That seems narrow to me. I think my Mastery VI is 18mm. I think it has the same string spacing as all the Jerzy 5'ers I've played, too.

Call Dan at Luthiers Access Group and ask. He'll be totally up-front with you.
  6. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i cant seem to find the price list from the jerzy drozd site. not even in their catalog! anybody know where i can see one?
  7. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ...from the Luthiers Access Group website...

One thing worth noting...Dan Lenard typically discounts around 15% and does not waiver. As I understand it, there's very little markup on Jerzys, so don't expect the usual 30% or so.
  8. Zillium

May 27, 2003
    Thanks for the price list RAM, now I just need to save up 8 grand for a seven string.

9. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    yumma goochie buffalo bob, that's some lineup!

10. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I played them all!:D

They were shipped from Spain, and Dan only had them for a weekend. He invited me over for a ride, and what a ride it was!:D

Makes me want a Signature!:D

Here's mine...

EDIT: Here's a link... http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=86969&highlight=Jerzy