Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who wants a kitty?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Our cat is retarded. Its name is Ulysses, and it wants to be outside constantly, and will stay outside all day and all night. Whenever its inside, it will want to go out again if you open the door, even if it just came inside. It's essentially a nice kitty, but it's an outdoors kitty that keeps getting injured. Paying $300 vet bills for antibiotics etc is getting old and expensive because the retarded animal keeps getting into fights and getting injured and cut up. I think we're going to give it to a feline rescue service that tries to find people willing to take these crazy animals.

So who wants a semi-retarded outdoor kitty?

(PS: I have been referring to Ulysses as "it" because I'm not sure about the gender in that my family is convinced that it's a guy, but I havn't noticed any physical evidence, so the percieved gender of this cat is in Limbo.)

2. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Can you ship it freight? Do that and it might not be retarded when it gets to Chicago. :D

Oog

P.S. Wonder if anyone will seriously take it....

3. Sorry, if the kitties name was Talena Atfield or Morgan Lander then I would be all over her :eek:

.............you know that is what I was thinking anyways so why should I bother to fix it?

4. Have you had it fixed? Spaying or neutering goes a long ways towards reducing the fighting tendencies. Males will fight and mark their territory if you don't fix them. Females will...make more kittens. And more kittens. And more kittens.

Our county had a place that fixed them for free, call around and ask....

5. Hmm, that might have something to do with it. The vet's recommendation was actually that we give Ulysses away to someone who lives in a different neighborhood that doesn't have many other pet owners. The owner would have to be ok with the outdoor-cat thing as well. We're not sure if our cat is picking fights with other animals or if its the other way around. Cats are awful to each other.

6. Davidoc, I hope to God you're not in advertising. :p