Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who wants a Roscoe for $1200?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Sep 25, 2005.

1. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, that sold pretty quick! I hope it's not a rip-off...two bids had been previously retracted because the seller changed the description of the item.

I think the buyer was TB's Tribal3140- the one who was selling a Drozd in the Classifieds.

3. One picture and all you can tell me is that it's "LIKE NEW BARTOLINI BASS GUITAR WITH FACTORY GIG HARD CASE!!! SALE FOR AROUND $1800.00 NEW !!"

Come on... :scowl:

4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I didn't see the bid history. Hope it works out.

Marshall

5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    If it's an authentic bid someone got a great deal. Good thing it isn't a 6-stringer or I would've been really bummed.

6. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Who would ever call such a beautiful instrument a "Bartolini Bass"?!?! It's appears that the seller doesn't know he/she has a Roscoe. How is that possible?

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Someone who obviously doesn't know what it is... I wonder if it's the real owner... (shudder)...

8. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Wow, $1200 was the buy-it-now price!? Either someone got ripped off, or someone just ripped themselves off...

9. The Eristic

The Eristic Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Cartersville, GA
    Some stores don't know or care, especially once you get out of the city, into Fender/Gibson/Martin Land. Both of my LG-3005s were purchased for well under $1k.

10. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    looks like its a pawn shop or something, look at the background, it looks like rifles stacked up against the wall :meh: so its possible the buyer got a good deal, I went into a pawn shop once to look at a Tobias Gibson 5 string, the owner came over to me after watching me check out the neck etc and asked.."So how much are these things worth"

my 2 1/2 cents.. :meh:

11. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Doesn't matter. If it is a pawn shop, they probably offered $500.00 to the person that walked in there with it, and made the money they wanted to. Most likely, the bass is stolen.

12. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Exactly. I wouldn't touch that bass with a ten foot pole without getting the serial number and figuring it out. Otherwise, I'd assume somebody's heart was broken over that thing one way or another (either via theft or other personal hardship).