Who wants a TB.CO.UK - No offense you .COM Tbers

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by gareth, May 22, 2005.

1. gareth

Jun 9, 2002
  2. It'd be cool. We do have bassworld.co.uk though, but then I never really got into it.
  3. What are you suggesting?

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    it's all on the same interweb ain't it?

I want Paul's site as it is :bassist: no matter what domain someone wants to call it
  5. ?????
    What thing that will change??
    More characters to type, and nothing important!!
    I don't understand the request!!

6. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    That's one of great things about the internet.....geographical location don't mean squat.....
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wrong forum.

8. Make it talkbass.ie then we'll talk...

I don't quite understand. What difference will it make?
  9. .uk would be good because we could set up a proper trade/ sale section that is uk based. The one on here hass some great stuff but its completely unatainable because all in the states.
  10. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Then all you need is a classifieds section for the UK, not a whole sister site.

That's not a bad idea, though, splitting the classifieds by area.
  11. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    I'm confused..... I can't see what difference a co.uk site would make - it'd be the same site?

the idea for UK classifieds is quite good though.
  12. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    As mentioned, there is a bassworld.co.uk site for those who want less international discussions. Personally, I like the world of experience represented here.

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Maybe set up some classifieds based on country or something like that, but I wouldn't create another URL..
  14. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    So, what exactly do you wish to accomplish with this?

And, should you have a say where this site is hosted if you don't even support the forums? :rolleyes: :p
  15. gareth

Jun 9, 2002
    A section just for the uk/europe for bass sales and wanted would be good. At present 95% plus of the ads are for gear being sold in the USA which presents us with a problem. Also because of this it is very difficult to find gear being sold in the Uk/Europe.

There are other areas where a UK/Europe based forum would be good too. For instance maybe a forum where you could post upcoming gigs for your band that other tbers may wwant to go and see. Also an amps forum maybe that is'nt dominated by ampeg which are great amps but just too expensive over here - maybe it would be dominated by Trace Elliot.

Anyway there are some instant thoughts on the subject.

Anyone else thinking laterally?
  16. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Why should Europe be special? Shouldn't we also have an African, Austrailian, South American, etc section, too?

Why not just put a (UK) in a thread title instead of asking to add even MORE categories? You said yourself that you only think 5% of the For Sale threads are non-US based. Do we need to create new forums/categories for every 4th percentile? :eyebrow:

And, you want your own amp forum??!? :rolleyes:

Sheesh...and Europeans think Americans are lazy?
  17. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I disagree with #18, but ... whatever.
  18. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    YES! A talkbass site where people get banned for spelling words wrong, and it has english lessons for americans so that they are up to standard before they can start posting.

You can learn crazy new words like:

And use proper suffixes, withOUT the letter z!

Go talkbass from the motherland. And make it R18 so we can all swear & talk dirty.

This is my dream.
  19. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Whoops, look like i disagree with #20 aswell! :p