Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who Wants A Twenty-One T-Shirt?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Definitely! You can never have too many T-shirts.

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. No. Save your time, your money and your breath.

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. Maybe, if the price was right.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I'm toying with the idea of having some T-shirts made, featuring my new band's logo on the left chest (approx. 4 1/2" x 3 1/4") and my ugly mug across the shoulders (approx. 12 1/2" x 11"). The shirts are red, 5.6 ounce, 100% cotton tees and will be available in M, L and XL sizes. The final product will look something like this (click the thumbnailed pic below):

[​IMG]

Before I commit to something like this, I'd like to take a poll to see if any of you would actually buy and wear these shirts. My plan was to sell 'em for just a little over cost, just to get my name out there and I planned on offering some sort of TalkBass discount (perhaps I'd sell 'em at cost to fellow TalkBassers, with a $5 markup for non-TBers). If you would be so kind as to vote in the above poll, I would appreciate it. Also, please, please be honest -- if you wouldn't buy/wear one, don't vote "yes," okay?

2. i voted definatly!! the shirt looks cool. plus, everybody is wearing all of the hot topic stuff that i have. its not cool to me anymore.

3. That is the sweetest picture of a bass player I've ever seen. Comical but serious. I like.

4. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Thirty six views and only 4 votes? Come on, people!

Thanks for the encouragement, thinking of you and freshmeat1989.

5. If it's free, I can't resist.

No mere mortal can resist a free t-shirt.

6. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I'm not selling anything -- yet. I'm just trying to determine if there's an interest in these shirts or not. Also, Embellisher should be fully aware of this thread, as I wrote to him immediately after starting it.

7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I'd wear one.
    One request would be that you make them in other colors than just red, though. (Read= I want a blue one.)

8. I said "maybe" largely because I already have too many t-shirts as it is. :p

9. JerseyFunk

JerseyFunk

Jan 8, 2004
    Save your money....the design is cool and all but I would put the money into a demo...Also you need to get some music samples up on your site. Maybe spend some of that T-shirt money on the website.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Is that your band logo? Featuring a bassist? Whoa.

Id wear/buy one.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I voted no. Look's too cartoonish to me. Not sure I want a shirt with your face on it either. No insult to your appearance, as I have no idea what you look like. It's just that I wouldn't want a shirt with someones face that big on it.

-Mike

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    yeah, you seem like that type. :D

-Mike

13. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    You are cruising, mike. you are cruising.

And I'll wear that shirt while playing my eden right in front of you. :p

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    you'll have it on when i pry that cab out of your dead fingers too!!

Mwaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha! :D

-Mike

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    And then my GK will avenge me and reclaim it's throne upon my eden.

By the way, the t-shirt needs redesigned. The single 15 is on top of the 410. That's just wrong!

16. I still think that that shirt, on all levels, rocks. It's a really nice picture of a bassist, so strong and fokesed. but what do i know? i wear butterfly wings to school. boy, that was a funny day.

anywhoo, thats a totally sweet shirt.

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'd be able to live with red... but I'd want to have black as an option.

18. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I wouldn't wear one. Just because I have never heard your band before. I would be a poser if I was to wear one. That and I would kick the **** out of myself if I ever wore a red shirt. I prefer black shirts. Cool design though.

How many do you plan on having made?

19. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    What if it wasn't me? What if it was Stan Lee's newest superhero, Bassman, thwarting villians and evildoers with multiple blasts of sonic goodness?