Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who wants a Zoom 506II?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Alright, here's the deal. The people of Talkbass have been more than generous with me. Not only do I get great bass advice, information, and some laughs on the side, but I've been getting some cool stuff too. SMASH gave me a copy of his awesome band's CD, and Jared Morante is being so kind as to hook me up with a strap. I feel that it's my turn to give something away.

I've got a Zoom 506II multi effects processor free to a good home. I'd recommend it go to somebody with a knowledge of electronics and such because the input jack is a bit screwy. No big really, it just occasionally needs a bump and it's fine. But in a live situation this is not very professional sounding. "Hold on guys, I gotta kick my Zoom and I'll be right back with ya." I'll give the Zoom to the first person to say they want it, ON THIS THREAD. Don't PM me until you state that you want it on this thread, I don't want to reply to a bunch of PMs saying "Sorry it's taken." So tell me that you want it on here, then PM me with shipping info. I'll pay for shipping and all that jazz.

The talkbass free stuff thread died down a while ago, so this could be sort of revival. If anyone else has any "junk" they want to give away. One man's trash is another's treasure... share the wealth. :bassist:

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've already got one but thanks anyway.

My advise to whoever takes it. First thing to when you recieve it is wipe all the factory settings. They all suck.

But when you start building your own patches from scratch, this thing can be forced into making some decent noises.

3. I always wanted one....

I dun have any effects...and I'd like to have a good time w/ all the different effects and such.

I have been playing for about 8 months,and would like to expand my bass playing w/ some effects and stuff:)

and the input jack...I could fix myself,or get fixed...it wouldn't bother me.

So...do I fit the criteria? :)

:oops:

EDIT:

I'd also like to add that I'd post about this and such...to get everyone back in the mood.

who knows? maybe 1 day I might pass this on(if I am worthy) to a fellow TB'er..

*shrug*

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Too cool guys! I'm really surprised Mike Money didn't snag this, being that he watches these parts like a hawk!

I too, have decided to give back some. I have most of my gear for sale in the FS forums, everyone who is a supporting member gets it $20 cheaper, the extra $20 from the non supporter goes to Paul for their supporting membership. I Already sold my rig before I thought of this, but I will be buying his for him anyway. Cool stuff guys!

5. cool...yeah,I think the idea of giving away things is a great idea...it'll show how superior and better we are then guitarist;)

I would love to contribute...but I dun got anything to give away:(

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

SOLD! To the man in the garish brown derby! :)

PM me with your shipping info and I'll send it to you ASAP Osama. :)

Even though it isn't top of the line, it has provided me with hours of entertainment, and I'm sure it will do the same for you, suggesting the input jack doesn't drive you nuts. Even if it does, five bucks take it to a repair shop and I'm sure they'll take care of it for you.

Congrats Osama.

7. woohoo!

thanks alot!

sorry to those of you who wanted...dun worry,I'll take care of it :)

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's awfully nice of you matt.

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I tried to find that thread matt, but to no avail!

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Onya Matt. Nice job!

11. *bumbles in the electronics tech*

So anyone got anything thats broken and they want to give to me.......... ;)

:D:D

Merls

Musically... coz i dont want any more TV's or VCR's!!! hehee

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I got some broken strings :meh:

:D

13. Save them and send them to mike. You two seem to have developed a Love hate relationship. its very sweet.

Merls

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's what late night posting does to you....geez! it's 3 AM what the HELL am I doing!!!!

15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Don't you remember, WR?

Me and you are in the middle of a pointless debate about who's thread was first, and then we talked about how you sucked... then we posted more star wars quotes... then i said something about you're mom and then you said you were pregnant... or something.

16. I bet Mike asks himself that 24/7 hehehe :p

Merls

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Nah... I am so unaware of what I am doing, I don't even remember to ask myself that anymore...

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

"you must un-learn what you have learned"

19. .."because you're retarded and didnt learn it properly" heehee

Merls

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I'm dumb... Maybe I'm really a roadie at heart? Or a drummer... hrm...