Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who wants one of these then

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    This is one of the things I love about my guitar amp. It lets me click over to the distortion channel and keep the clean channel active. Tone plus definition. I love it!

2. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    I think you can have same result for a cheaper price, for example split signal by aby switch, one dry and another one effected or whatever, and then both signal to DOD mini Mixer or another ABY switch with volume control and then to amp. Maybe this x-blender have some extra functions, I don't know.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    This thing's basically a loooper, no?

4. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    As I understand this meant to mix effected signal with dry one and you control amount of dry and effected signal. But I would prefer to split channels for this.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    No it's similar but the loooper blends are passive and cause major issues alot of the time this is active.

It is very similar to what the LS-2 does but it is True Bypass and has the option to bring the loop in at the click of a button or bring in the blended loop which could be useful again you can do this on the LS-2 but you would have to bend down and change the setting.

I think the X-blend also has controls to help with impedance issues for certain fx

Hope this helps

6. Not too dissimilar to the DIY Bass Paralooper. (site down at the moment.)

Anyone know what those three knobs do? Otherwise it's a pretty basic device - although useful nonetheless.

7. Cougar207

Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    Yep. Moosapotamus's paralooper is buffered too. I wonder if Loooper will offer an active blend in the future, seems like there would be a lot of people willing to pay for it.

8. Yeah, my web site has been trashed... victim of fly-by-night host providers. I guess you get what you pay for. Anyway... :rolleyes:

It'll be back, eventually. Meantime, maybe I'll put some stuff here, temporararily...
    http://www.putfile.com/moosapotamus

Yeah, I'm curious about that, too. Can't make out the teeny writing in the pic.

My new one has additional controls for send level, EQ, EQ bypass, and phase (norm & invert). I can't really think of much else that would be useful.

~ Charlie

9. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    How about 2 Switches? One to turn on the effects loop how it would be normally, or another to blend your clean signal in? I think this box can do this, and thought it could be a cool option to consider.

10. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    i would love to have something like this, esp for mixing overdrive/distortiion/fuzz with a clean signal, or one with reverbed and one not (too keep the 'punch' but stiff have that airy sound)

11. Yeah, I agree... I think that is what the Xotic box does, too. Kinda cool, I guess. But, if I was using an effect that sounded best with some clean signal blended in, I probably wouldn't ever want to kick it on 100% wet anyway. So, just an overall true-bypass switch works great for me. I'm still curious about what the other little knobs are for, tho.

~ Charlie

12. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Well, I mean it would be particularly useful for me, say, as I use a Wobo 2 Looper, which controls 2 effects loops of pedals, and i have effects such as an octave down effect that adds octave down back to the clean signal, so having the blendbox blending even more clean signal into it isn't exactly what I would want, if you see what I mean.

I can see why you would only want one switch though.

13. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Well if I got this, I would probably put every pedal that I have in it. What about you guys?

14. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  15. benevan

benevan

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    The knob on that thing is honkin huge.