Who wants this Peavey Cirrus ? Read below ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Papersen, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    First of all, I still can´t believe what I´ve done.

Long story short:

I was surfing Ebay this afternoon when I suddenly checked this beautiful Peavey Cirrus.

So, I passed this info to this helpful TB community

Unluckily, a terrible GAS feeling came, and ........ I bought the bass. I still can´t believe I´ve done it.

So the point is:

I´ll be shipping the bass to a friend of mine who lives in Miami, FL. He´ll be surely visiting me before Xmas.
    However, since the bass will be sleeping for almost 60 days, I wondered if someone was interested in checking / playing it for a while. It´s an interesting opportunity for someone who´ve never played this bass before.

It´s a free offer only for reputable TB members. The lucky winner gotta meet the following criteria:

- Be a Supporting Member and/or well known TB member.
    - Have positive references or feedback from other reputable TBers
    - Ship the bass to Miami when asked.
    - Cover the shipping charges to Miami, FL.

Those interested, just send me a mail or PM.

Thanks, Papersen

P.S: I´m not crazy (maybe a bit stoopid I admit :)
  2. Dang, that is a beautiful Cirrus. Very cool idea too, you sir, get a thumbs up! :cool:
  3. Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
  4. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Wow, that's a nice looking bass :bassist:

Really nice offer on your part, as well. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a free trial run .... very generous ....... :cool:
  5. Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    The bass will be probably shipped within the next 48 hours.
    If someone is interested, let me know. Otherwise will be heading to Florida.
  6. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    You are a true gentlemen and a scholar.

By the way I won a wedge body and neck Cirrus on 10/23 from Ebay, for $700.00, does that sound like a good deal, and what type of tone should I expect from this bass, with that wood combination.

7. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Does it come with a case? I have been wondering what a Cirrus would sound like through my rig. Let me know if I meet your criteria.

[edit]Sorry, just a bag. I didn't pay that close of attention. But anyways, you can check my feedback here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143111&highlight=tmo33

I also have good feedback on the EvilBay under trevis550
  8. Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    And the winner is .....

Trevorus !!!

He´ll be the "official tester" and will take care of my bass, before coming home.
    Thanks for your interest, to everyone who mailed me.
  9. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    This will be a fun opportunity. I haven't had a 5 string in a while, and this bass may convince me to get back into it. I'll be posting a thread with pictures, reviews, and maybe some sound clips if I can find some stuff to play that doesn't make me sound like a total newb.
  10. truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    cool idea, be careful with it
  11. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Definitely. I only play at church on the weekends, so it won't be going anywhere dangerous. I'll be playing it at home a lot, and I hope my wife likes it enough to tell me I should get one.