1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who wants to go Shopping!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SunneyBoy, Apr 19, 2006.

1. i recently sold an old classic car that was sitting in my car port collecting dust.

and decided its time to buy another bass!

Now this is where you come in .

what will it be ?

lakland 55_94 fretless
    lakland JO 4
    lakland JO 5
    sadowsky 4
    sadosky 5

or should i sell my house and buy a fodera !!!!

its a easy choice to make its not gonna cost you anything !

give it a go !!!!!

2. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    Well, once you're breaking 3-4 Gs on something like a new US-built Sadowsky, I personally don't see any reason to hold back if you really think you'd be happier with a fodera.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, how much money you have from the sale? And what kind of car was it?

4. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    You can't go wrong with anything on that list.

5. well I dont know , see i live in south africa wich means i have to pay serious shipping charges. might take a 6/7 g fodera to about 8 wich works out at about 48000 rand thats A LOAD OF CASH in SA , plus iam not quite sure iam worthy of wielding a fodera at this point of my career. one day perhaps

6. the cash will cover all of the above mentioned basses! except the fodera that was a bit of a joke. i already have a fretted lakland 55_94 delux.

so i am looking for something that will help add diversity to my sound arsenal?

7. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Gold Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    I have a Lakland 55-94 and a Sadowsky 5-24. The Sadowsky completely blows the Lakland into the weeds!

YMMV!

Dan K.

8. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao EspaƱa
    Any bass player is worthy to play wichever bass he would like to play.

9. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Then why don't you sell your Lakland? :eyebrow:

10. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Sadowsky 5!!!

11. MTD or Roscoe?... Failing that, the Sadowsky 5.

12. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    You'll be taking delivery of a new Dingwall in 10 days.

13. sadowsky 4 or sadosky 5

TOTALLY MAN!!! But thats just my opinion...I'm a bit of a metallica fan on this one...Those things are freakin' insane on output. If you're playing rockish type music, if not, go with something else. But thats just me!

14. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    Get an F Bass

15. How about a GS5 from The Groove Shoppe:

http://www.thegrooveshoppe.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16220&cat=0&page=1

If I ever decide to buy a boutique bass, that one will be at the top of my list. I like the concept, the shape, the people behind it and the price, and I remember JC saying in a previous thread that, despite what the spec sheet says, they can do almost anything re. woods and finishes. OMG, just talking about it is giving me serious GAS...