1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who wants to sell their EUB?

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by Vista Bass, Oct 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Vista Bass

Vista Bass

Oct 21, 2019
    Hi, I’m new to the forum..have browsed for a while but recently joined because I am looking for a good used professional EUB. Not interested in any of the low end models. I have been playing electric and upright bass for over 40 years. I live in Arizona and the climate here has split the Spruce top on my acoustic upright in 2 places so I bought a used Clevinger 5 string a few months ago and really like it. I’m looking to see what is available. Unfortunately there aren’t any in my area to tryout. Not really into any of the NS designs as I like to play thumb position and want an EUB that has some sort of brace between the body and the bass so I can lean into it similar to a real upright. I want it to play like an upright and sound really good. I want an upright sound but I don’t mind a mixed/modern sound as all acoustics sound different once they go through an amp. I’m not looking for anything that needs work. I want something that I can play. The fingerboard has to be perfect, no buzz and the electronics have to work well. It needs to sound good Pizzicato and Arco without needing any outboard EQ, or extra pre-amp..plug and play. A good PROFESSIONAL instrument. Just want to see what’s available on this forum and to see what someone might want to part with that they are not using.

Thanks,

Vista Bass

Ps this was previously in the bass guitar forum so I moved it...

2. Uncorked

Uncorked Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Colorado
    PM Sent

Vista Bass likes this.
  3. dylanjohnson

dylanjohnson Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    Do some research here and you can find models that fit your needs. I think that Azola, Merchant Vertical, and Eminence are the ones that would fit your needs. I'd put the Merchant at the top of that list but they aren't very common. I'm sure you'll get some replies here.

Vista Bass likes this.
  4. Vista Bass

Vista Bass

Oct 21, 2019
    Thanks! Actually in discussion right now with Bill Merchant who has an older model for sale and will get me the particulars. He says he hasn’t made any Verticle basses in a while...not a lot of interest.

5. dylanjohnson

dylanjohnson Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    Bill is a great guy who really supports his basses. I will tell you that I've owned all of the above, and the Merchant is far away the best experience for bowing I've heard, and the highest quality instrument of the bunch. It's the only one that really feels like to me like a DB other than maybe the Kolstein Travel bass, but that's another story (expensive, and I've not played one).

Ric Vice and Vista Bass like this.
  6. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Essex, CT
    Hi. I just picked up a BSX Allegro that I'm not getting the hang of. If you're still looking for an EUB, please let me know. She's in fantastic shape and will have an Ingles stand next week.

7. Vista Bass

Vista Bass

Oct 21, 2019
    Hi Idiot Savon, I have also purchased BSX EUB. It took a little bit to get it to where I wanted it to be but now I am very happy with it..