Who was looking for a vintage SVT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rickenbackerman, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Relatively cheap, found on harmony-central:

mid 70's ampeg SVT (V9) 300W all tube bass head
    Asking Price: US$600
    Condition: Fair
    this is the beast, the real deal. 300w of all-tube power. 4 inputs, normal and bright for each independent preamp channel. channel 1 features bass, treble, and midrange knobs, with a selectable frequency switch for the midrange and separate ultra low and ultra high filters. channel 2 is a more traditional baxandall-style circuit, without the midrange knob.

all tubes have been replaced within the last 2 months. preamp: 3x JJ 12DW7, 2x NOS JAN-phillips 12AX7WA, 2x NOS 12BH7, NOS 6C4, power: 6x Svetlana 6550C. amp has been precisely biased and does not hum (finding one of these that doesn't need a cap job is HARD).

cosmetically, there are a few reasonably large chunks of tolex missing and this thing has obviously been gigged around, and i need to unload part of my amp collection, hence the EXTREMELY low price. cosmetics aside, this amp is rock solid and has a couple decades left in it.

very loud? yes. even better, i've never heard such a warm, full tone. if payment is received within the week, i will cover shipping personally (expect shipping to be around $50 or more, this is an 85 pound behemoth).

please direct all queries to cathodefollower@hotmail.com
    Seller: j bartlett,
    E-mail: cathodefollower@hotmail.com (Profile)
    Post Date: 6/10/2002
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Maybe PsychoBassGuy can give us some insight? ;)