1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who was looking for a vintage SVT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rickenbackerman, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Relatively cheap, found on harmony-central:

mid 70's ampeg SVT (V9) 300W all tube bass head
    Asking Price: US$600
    Condition: Fair
    Description:
    this is the beast, the real deal. 300w of all-tube power. 4 inputs, normal and bright for each independent preamp channel. channel 1 features bass, treble, and midrange knobs, with a selectable frequency switch for the midrange and separate ultra low and ultra high filters. channel 2 is a more traditional baxandall-style circuit, without the midrange knob.

all tubes have been replaced within the last 2 months. preamp: 3x JJ 12DW7, 2x NOS JAN-phillips 12AX7WA, 2x NOS 12BH7, NOS 6C4, power: 6x Svetlana 6550C. amp has been precisely biased and does not hum (finding one of these that doesn't need a cap job is HARD).

cosmetically, there are a few reasonably large chunks of tolex missing and this thing has obviously been gigged around, and i need to unload part of my amp collection, hence the EXTREMELY low price. cosmetics aside, this amp is rock solid and has a couple decades left in it.

very loud? yes. even better, i've never heard such a warm, full tone. if payment is received within the week, i will cover shipping personally (expect shipping to be around $50 or more, this is an 85 pound behemoth).

please direct all queries to cathodefollower@hotmail.com
    Seller: j bartlett,
    E-mail: cathodefollower@hotmail.com (Profile)
    Post Date: 6/10/2002

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Maybe PsychoBassGuy can give us some insight? ;)