1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who was the bassist on the opening theme of Evangelion?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by beaverteeth92, Oct 17, 2010.

1. beaverteeth92

beaverteeth92

Nov 1, 2007
    Hey. I've been trying to find the answer to this all over the place, but I figured this would be the place to ask.

The bassline to the opening theme of the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" is insane. Does anyone here have an idea as to who the bass player on it was? Judging by the tone, he's using a Stingray, but that's all I know.

2. When I read the thread title 'Who was the bassist on the opening theme....' I was hoping that the rest was 'for Barney Miller?' I wish I could help but I have no idea man!

3. touji

touji

Feb 12, 2009
    Williamsburg, VA
    It definitely is an INCREDIBLE song! Looking into it, its hard to find out who was involved in the recording. Composition was by Hidetoshi Sato, and the arrangement was done by Toshiyuki Omori. NGE holds a special place in my heart being the first anime I've seen in the original Japanese format. Really weird though :\

4. beaverteeth92

beaverteeth92

Nov 1, 2007
    It is, and I don't actually know a single Japanese session bassist.

5. Lulz

Lulz

Jun 5, 2009
    I was thinking the same question, but I didn't have the balls to ask.

I'm wondering who did the Gundam Wing opening theme too :p