1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who were you afraid of as a kid?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, May 19, 2011.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    And was anybody else terrified by these little creeps? Had recurring nightmares with these guys chasing me. For years.

molemen.

2. Slightly off topic, but I've always thought it was hilarious that when I was a kid, my mom had this painting of Jesus that creeped me out. It was a painting of Jesus, sitting down, looking out over a city, but it was done with very dark paint, so I thought it looked evil.:hyper:

BMGecko and comatosedragon like this.
  3. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    Furbies. They still scare the **** out of me to be honest haha.

4. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    I had nightmares about "The Exorcist" for years. The book, not the ridiculous movie.

joebar likes this.
  5. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Bees and wasps.

JimK and Jeff K like this.
  6. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    The Morlocks in the Wishbone episode 'Bark to the Future' (based off of the H.G Well novel, the Time Machine). I turned that episode off every time it came on.

7. I grew up through the 70's and 80's afraid the US and the then USSR would decimate each other, and the rest of us, with their ever increasing arsenal of nukes.

Oh them, and the local school bully :)

murphy likes this.
  8. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Like most Asian kids, my parents.

9. Chuckie, Leprechauns and Clowns.
    They're all just so.. creepy.

10. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    When I was a kid I used to hide behind the sofa when The Munsters aired!

11. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    Do you remember the 'my buddy' doll?

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Sleestacks from Land of the Lost.

-Mike

13. I remember watching Childs Play and The Fly(1980's one) late at night while my parents didn't know I was watching from the top of the staircase. I was in pre-shool at the time and one of the few memories I still retain, it creeped the hell outta me but I loved it!

Also that show Unsolved Mysteries in the late 80's early-mid 90's had me deathly afraid of alien abduction. I wasn't a scaredy kid at all, but that show messed with my head with all the alien stuff! The ghost stories never really bothered me, but aliens seemed much more real for some reason. And that guy Robert Stack had the creepiest voice...

BMGecko likes this.
  14. The telitubbies... I would run screaming from the room every time it came on

:eek: :bag:

15. My 9yo daughter has autism, loves the teletubbies, and loves YouTube. Some of the school multimedia projects she found starring the teletubbies (and death metal music) made me run from the room screaming too! :D

16. I've always thought those things were bizarre, and probably not good for anyone to watch, let alone children.

If I had children, they would be forbidden to watch such disturbing children's shows.

17. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    The Umpa Lumpa's.... big time. Also, those damn Nutcracker soldier dudes....

Chris Fitzgerald and murphy like this.
  18. miholc

miholc

Aug 17, 2009
    I was afraid of wood animals, thanks to fairy tales.

+1

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Roary Lion. He lived in my closet.