Who would build this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by l0calh05t, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Just recently in the "excessive dream bass" thread i posted this bass description:

Now I wonder who would build such a true custom bass? (Especially European luthiers as i live in germany)

I'm just wondering because i would really like to know how much such a bass would cost (approximately) and who would make it, so that I can at least plan it (ie. see how soon i can scrape that amount of money together)
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  3. these guys might...

i saw these guys on a banner ad on TB...they are out of moscow, and it appears that they will make almost anything for you...
  4. Hm, i thought this belongs in basses. If not i'll ask a mod if he can move it.
  5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    There are builders (luthiers) that post in the Luthier's Corner.. Maybe someone there would be interested in talking with you further about it..

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Try Magnus Krempel, IIRC he does (used to do) custom jobs like that. I also saw such a bass years ago @ the Launhardt & Kobs workshop (they separated but still work with their own companies.
    Also try Bassculture and Bassline.
  7. That's probably true. Didn't think of that... :p
  8. catwig1

Mar 4, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Sei (www.seibass.com) make jazzes and customs. If you spoke to Martin he would be straight with you about whether he'd build it and how much. Also Shuker (www.shukerguitars.co.uk) does some p-ish basses and I'm sure would give you the same straight treatment.
    I have a Sei and have nothing but good to say about them. And others here have had the pleasure of Shuker basses and they seem pretty darn impressed
  9. Hm, I have actually already seen one of the Magnus Krempel basses live at the musikmesse last year, the Quadriga which did seem very unique to me.