Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who would win in a fight?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, May 17, 2004.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    I think the question is, 'who would win in a fight, Bruce Lee or Bruce Lindfield?'

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

"Fight" as in fisticuffs or "fight" as in frank discussion of viewpoints?

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's weird, I saw the thread title, didn't do the scroll over preview and thought "who would win in a fight? bruce lee or..." but before I could think of who you would be pitting Bruce Lee against, I clicked and saw.

Eitherway, Bruce Lee would mop the floor with jackie chan's hair.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Jackie Chan. Dead guys don't put up much of a fight.

6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Hmm, I was thinking Kung Fu - actually, me and a guy at work were debating this and I posted it to you guys because I'd rather talk with you guys (your easier to deal with - one click and your minimized ;) )
    ...but, I'll try not to derail my pointless thread -

I think Bruce Linfield would kick the stuffing out of Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan or in a frank discussion of viewpoints. Not even a fair fight.

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Lee would start pummelling Lindfield. Lindfield would argue that his viewpoint is being misconstrued, not understood at all. Lee would hit him more, ignoring his pleas, Lindfield would PM paul stating that Lee is violating forum guidelines. Lee would continue hitting, kicking and punching. Lindfield would again state that Lee isn't understanding his point at all. Lindfield would start all of his sentences with the word "so."

;)

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...this has the all the making of a "Silver Thread Award" nominee.

Didn't Lee kick Abdul-Jabbar's ass in some flick?

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

:D

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    In 'the game of death' Abdul plays the final 'boss' the master of the formless art, that lee must fight at the top of the pagoda*. Abdul plays a fully capable and powerful opponent that serves Lee repeatedly until Lee realizes his weakness(hyper sensitive eyes) so he punches holes in the rice paper windows to let in more light(after kicking off the guys sunglasses) this provides Lee with the upper hand to kick Abdul's ass.

*probably my favorite bruce lee movie, game of death's pagoda is a message about how jeet kun do's adaptive and formless philosophy is the more powerful than other conventional martial arts, lee climbs the pagoda, encountering various masters of differnet styles, easily defeating them(for the most part) until he gets to the top where he must face his own 'style', and he only wins by adapting to the situation and taking advantage of his opponents weakness

11. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Bruce Lee would annihilate Jackie Chan... Jackie knows drama kung-fu, Bruce knew real kung-fu.

12. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    [chicago accent] I'm gonna have ta go wit' Ditka. Da' Bears. [/chicago accent]

In all reality I am gonn say Jackie Chan, dead guys don't fight well. (And had I read the thread prior to posting I would realize my joke is not funny cause bassmonkee beat me to it)

13. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'd say Mike Tyson , in the 7th inning....

14. Bruce Lee, but Sonny Chiba could kick his butt any day. Anyone here seen The Street Fighter?

15. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I think Jackie would effortlessly climb up a wall and taunt Bruce because he can't climb as well...errr

:hyper:

16. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Bruce Lee would KILL Mike Tyson, and Jackie Chan, and Jet Lee, and all the Peep's in Crouching Tiger hidden Draggon.

Wow, I would like to see Bruce Lee Vs. Mike Tyson.

17. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
    Bruce Lee will win the fight for sure!! :D

18. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I've never seen a Bruce Lee movie all the way through. :(

19. lbanks