Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whoa - and I thought I was impressed with the *cort* Curbows

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jammadave, Oct 18, 2003.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Holy friggin crap - I played an actual Greg Curbow bass today when I went to pick my Wish up from getting its new strings...

Matt (the owner) goes "hey, you'd dig this, look what I just got in trade" - In the case is this thin, gorgeous, glossy 5-string. I don't know what model or even what woods, I was too busy keeping my jaw off the floor. I pulled it out and played it - the flattest neck profile i've ever felt and a wide-spaced 5 that, surprisingly, was not uncomfortable in the least. I'd love to play a 4-string version. Heh, and I thought the Cort editions were cool - this thing trounces them soundly. Sadly, I didn't have time to plug it in (nor did i want to make myself want it more)

I can't afford it, but it can be yours for like 1700 bucks, if interested drop me a line.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Sounds awesome.

Hi, Jammadave. Welcome to TalkBass.

I moderate the TB Classifieds and would like to encourage you to post your for sale ads there.

There's also an FAQ. Check it out when you have a chance.:cool:

3. Stingray4Christ

Stingray4Christ

Jan 28, 2003
    NY
    Curbows rule:D

4. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Blackbird, I don't think he's selling anything really. I think what he's saying is that the bass store, or whatever, has it on sale for $1,700, and if someone wanted it, they could get the store's info through him?

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I agree. I was ambivalent on posting.

I decided to post anyway because Jammadave's acting as an agent for the store. Plenty of people here work for stores and kindly refrain from doing that.

If someone had posted a thread saying they were looking for one, I'd say ok, but this is unsolicited.

I'm actually quite laid back. Really.:D

6. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Hah, no offense intended, I doubt taken either. dave

7. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    certainly not intending to post as an ad or a shill for the store - I've just known the store's owner since basically when they opened 7 years ago, so he shows me a lot of the cool stuff when it comes in. I have no vested interest in helping them sell instruments, except to be nice to the small store. the other Dave was right - and if anybody wants to know the store, i'll gladly email... i'd post the info publically but i dont want anybody to jump the gun today or tomorrow as it's not officially in inventory yet (thats how recently it arrived).

Thanks for letting me know and I do realize there's a separate board for sales and trades =0)

8. sunburstbasser

sunburstbasser

Oct 18, 2003
    As cool as the Corts are, that must have been one heck of a nice bass!

9. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    It's a real deal Curbow, and not one fo those Corts.

10. Yep, the "real" Curbows are like nothing else--I love 'em!

Mike

11. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul