1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whoa - and I thought I was impressed with the *cort* Curbows

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jammadave, Oct 18, 2003.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Holy friggin crap - I played an actual Greg Curbow bass today when I went to pick my Wish up from getting its new strings...

Matt (the owner) goes "hey, you'd dig this, look what I just got in trade" - In the case is this thin, gorgeous, glossy 5-string. I don't know what model or even what woods, I was too busy keeping my jaw off the floor. I pulled it out and played it - the flattest neck profile i've ever felt and a wide-spaced 5 that, surprisingly, was not uncomfortable in the least. I'd love to play a 4-string version. Heh, and I thought the Cort editions were cool - this thing trounces them soundly. Sadly, I didn't have time to plug it in (nor did i want to make myself want it more)

I can't afford it, but it can be yours for like 1700 bucks, if interested drop me a line.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Sounds awesome.

Hi, Jammadave. Welcome to TalkBass.

I moderate the TB Classifieds and would like to encourage you to post your for sale ads there.

There's also an FAQ. Check it out when you have a chance.:cool:

3. Stingray4Christ

Stingray4Christ

Jan 28, 2003
    NY
    Curbows rule:D

4. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Blackbird, I don't think he's selling anything really. I think what he's saying is that the bass store, or whatever, has it on sale for $1,700, and if someone wanted it, they could get the store's info through him?

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I agree. I was ambivalent on posting.

I decided to post anyway because Jammadave's acting as an agent for the store. Plenty of people here work for stores and kindly refrain from doing that.

If someone had posted a thread saying they were looking for one, I'd say ok, but this is unsolicited.

I'm actually quite laid back. Really.:D

6. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Hah, no offense intended, I doubt taken either. dave

7. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    certainly not intending to post as an ad or a shill for the store - I've just known the store's owner since basically when they opened 7 years ago, so he shows me a lot of the cool stuff when it comes in. I have no vested interest in helping them sell instruments, except to be nice to the small store. the other Dave was right - and if anybody wants to know the store, i'll gladly email... i'd post the info publically but i dont want anybody to jump the gun today or tomorrow as it's not officially in inventory yet (thats how recently it arrived).

Thanks for letting me know and I do realize there's a separate board for sales and trades =0)

8. sunburstbasser

sunburstbasser

Oct 18, 2003
    As cool as the Corts are, that must have been one heck of a nice bass!

9. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    It's a real deal Curbow, and not one fo those Corts.

10. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Yep, the "real" Curbows are like nothing else--I love 'em!

Mike

11. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul