Whoa! Duct tape removes warts!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brendan, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Just read an article, and saw it on the news...duct tape is just as effective, the counter medical wart removers. Leave duct tape on the wart for six days, then take it off, and use something like a stuff brush to scrub the dead wart off. It's effective enough to be considered an alternative to liquid nitrogen. Weird.

Duct tape...is there anything it CAN'T do?
  2. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    Sweet! I can finally lose all these nasty wart-like bug bites on my arms and legs...just gotta find a 6 day period where I don't go out in public...
  3. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    There are so many effective household medical procedures... as bassists know, its all about what feels better.
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I bow to the greatness of duct tape
  5. All hail Duct Tape!!:D

Rock on
  6. i hate duct tape
    it has become trendy and overrated.

i saw a little boy so in love with it, he made holsters for his belt and covered his blisters with duct tape so they would heal and tore the tape off and it was infected.

modern medicine..
  7. He did it wrong. You PREVENT blisters by putting duct tape over hot spots, like heels and the outside of the foot. If you going to fix one you MUST use moleskin and a clean, dry dressing.

Rock on
    Eric the Eagle Scout
  8. as do I:cool: :cool: :cool:
  9. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Yeah, I read this same report in the paper while riding home on the train. It went on the explain that duct tape irritates the wart, triggering a reaction from the immune system, which in turn begins to shed the wart.

Who woulda thunk it?
  10. wart solution #3: soldering iron and hypodermic needle
  11. ATLPUNK246

Jun 26, 2001
    wart solution #4: teeth or scissors or a knife
  12. Do you know if it works on the recessed type on the bottom of feet... I'm considering it.

13. Uh . . . what else, pray tell? Hemorrhoids?!:eek:
  14. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Well, I want my damn money back!!!

15. it's good for trimming the bikini area too :rolleyes:
  16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I just bought my first roll of gaffer's tape. It's exactly like duct tape, only better.
  17. For those of you that are not familiar with gaffer's tape, it is a more potent version of duct tape which is available by prescription only. It is widely used to treat cancerous growths.

[size=-2](disclaimer - the above is not intended as medical advise. If you take it as such, you require psychiatric care. Alternatively, try wrapping duct tape around your head until the brain swelling subsides.)[/size]
  18. i removed a warth last year too.. but i did it the " hardcore " way, by heating up my solder-iron and keeping a big stick in my mouth..
  19. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

I can't wait for the article where someone will say duct tape is an effective means of birth control.:eek: