Whoa, first psuedo-gig for the Iguanodon Blues Band

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by gonzorob, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Well, I have been playing the bass for just over a year now and last October I hooked up with a local guitarist who was having problems finding like minded musicians. From the beginning we had drummer trouble. The first drummer was an alcoholic and chronic gambler and he was booted mid winter. The current drummer is ok, but we haven't played much together. At any rate, we aren't the most organized bunch of guys and gals and really only play because we love it.

Between our guitarists stints in Iraq this winter we would have marathon jam sessions in my basement that have become quite legendary. People would just start showing up and before long I had people calling me every Friday to see if there was a Jam being held that weekend. The current "gig" we have lined up was born from that. And as our current drummer says "my poop is nervous".

The gig is a 21st birthday party two days from today at a rural residence. Now I know these kids are probably going to be too bombed to even care what we are doing on the stage, but I am still pretty nervous. We have had crowds before when we jammed at my house, but its a little different now that we are on neutral ground.

Overall I think this is a good starting place for us. We try not to take ourselves too seriously and as far as I know, no one has any unrealistic expectations for us. I am just trying to keep myself psyched up about it and try not to be too nervous.

I just thought I would post this in here to help me with my nerves among other things. Hopefully we will have pics and maybe some video to put up after.

Wish me luck!

For anyone interested, here are some vids of the band from earlier in the year. I apologize ahead of time, as these jams are long, lack structure, and are with the original drummer. But it gives you the general idea.

Jamming on Red House: