Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHOA !!! Pantera Show Last Night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigJH, Jun 28, 2001.

1. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I went to the Pantera Extreme Steel Tour last night it wasx unbelieveable ! I had floor seats so I was right in the action. I had ear plugs so I wouldn't go deaf. We had to drive three hours to get there but it was worth the trip. When we got to the Huntington Civic Arena Static-X was just starting their set. Their bass player Tony Campos has a broken collar bone so their was a replacement player. They did a pretty good set played some songs off of their new album. After they got finished SLAYER played. That was awesome. They started off with raining blood. Then they just went on a frenzy not stopping to do anything. But when they did stop they played three new songs off of their new album. Kerry King came out with his arm of nails but after the first two songs he took it off. Slayer was excellent. Then came the "Almighty Kings of Metal" Pantera. They atarted off with hellbound. They had an awesome stage. But that's all I will tell you about the stage, if somebody is going to see them later it should be a surprise. Then Kerry King came out and played so solos with them. When they played becoming the crowd went nuts, so did I. I was moshing for the first time for real. It was great so for the rest of the show I was about two feet from the rail in front of Dimebag Darryl. It was SWEET !!! They played an awesome set sorry I can't really remeber it. It was soo much fun it was fantastic ! I was so close that I got on of Dimebags picks. But after the show I traded it for two of Rex's picks. That show was the best show and time I have had in my short life. If anybody wants to know if the show is worth it, it is! The pits were friendly if somebody fell people would help them get up. I got so many high fives because I was in the pits. I was the only one of like four black people on the floor. I was moshing up a storm. It was great! My neck is a little sore and I am tired. But it was all in good fun. if you like any of the bands you need to see this tour. I have to go study for a Test now later.

2. :eek: You got to see Static-X, Slayer and Pantera all in the one gig?! I'm telling you, the US gets all the good tours.

3. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    That sounds awesome! Gotta love Kerry King's armthings with the long nails sticking out.

4. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I don't know if I should tell you this but it is actually a five band tour. Morbid Angel didn't play that night and we missed Skrape. Yeah we kinda do get all of the good tours. Sorry maybe you should take a "trip" here and never leave to hear some good tours.

5. Jeez man, get a clue.

In September, I'm going to Tattoo The Planet in Birmingham. Here's the list of bands:

Visions Of Disorder
    Therapy?
    Raging Speedhorn
    Biohazard
    Static-X
    Cradle Of Filth
    Sepultura
    Slayer
    Pantera

All confirmed. Blows Extreme Steel outta the water, baby:eek:

6. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Dude now I'm jealous :) .

7. Well, if you can make it to Germany, Finland, Poland, Sweden or the UK you can catch it;)

8. Dammit!! :mad:

I thought Tattoo the Planet was also a US tour. I don't know how I missed that one. I would have travelled to anywhere in the UK to see that line-up. It makes even the UK Ozzfest look pathetic. Now I'm really pissed off.

9. You're thinking of Tattoo The Earth. The two are unrelated.

10. :eek: wow! Pantera, Morbid Angel and Slayer at the one show!!!!!

I saw Pantera when they came to Adelaide man that was a cool show, cannot begin to imagine what it'd be like to see Slayer and Morbid Angel as well. I was dead sore and tired after just Pantera.

:D

Merls