Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whoa, that was a scary couple of hours

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Jul 31, 2003.

1. anyone know what the TB server went down this morning?

2. Yes, you told me about it, several minutes after I discovered it was down.

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I noticed - seems to be back now, however.

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Dude, you really need to cut down on TB. Cold turkey is a bit drastic, but a step down program is in need.

Repeat after me:

*deep breath in*
    Talkbass is just an internet site, and therefore has the same issues and troubles with servers that every other internet site has.
    *deep breath out*

*deep breath in*
    I can live without Talkbass for a few hours without going insane.
    *deep breath out*

Now, repeat that again and again until you reach inner peace with the internet.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    tell me about it, I get back form my 6 day trip to boston, and TB is down? what kind of rubbish is that, oh well, alls well now, although it is going rather slowly.

6. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

Hey, I was up in Boston this last week too!

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    damn, I wore my TB hat everywhere I went hoping to find a stray TB'er or bassist to chat with...what was your business there?

I visited Berklee, cool place, I think I might go there.

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you know what's a weird is that people have posted when i couldn't get onto even the homepage.

i could be wrong, thought

did anyone notice this?

also, i'm trying to quit smoking - i had more talkbass withdrawals then cig withdrawals!!
    :eek: :D

9. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Sorry about the outage - it was a problem with my DNS server which is handled by NetworkSolutions. (the thing that resolves a domain name to it's IP address). It just had to happen while I'm on vacation too :( heh. Anyway it seems to be back up now. I'm going to have some words with NetSol when I get back... :mad:

10. thumbtrap

thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003

11. Hey Im in New Hampshire right now, and I visited boston a few times while I am out here. Unfortunatley I didn't see a lanky guy with a TB hat on:p

12. WOW! I am so getting one! As for the site bein down...yeah, i was bummed! I usually wake up at 8, lie in bed for 30 then get up and get on TB...but this morning it wouldnt load! I was so freaked out! I wasnt able to check everything till like almost 1pm!!!!!! I was scared something had happened....someone hold me :bawl: :bawl:

13. *cough*chronic*cough*

hahah just kidding. cool the tb freaky baby!
    -shoonk

14. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH

Where in NH??

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:
    Manchester NH

15. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Had a few shows out that way, I stayed mainly near Faneuil Hall. I would have definitely sat down for a chat with a fellow TBer.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I saw the thread and thought you might've been stuck at a Limp Bizkit concert or somethin'.

17. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    They're still around?? :confused:

Even so, I think I'd be forced to kill...the band if I were there for more than a 1/2 second.

_Ray_